How do I transfer website favourites between browsers?

Sonic Dreamer

Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
Hi,

I have reached the point where I have had enough of Internet Explorer's "idiosyncrasies" and indend to start using Google Chrome as a browser. How do I transfer my website favourites from IE to GC? Thanks for any guidance in advance.

Cheers,
SonicD

A

Anonymous

We use Firefox as well after getting highly annoyed with Internet Explorer messing about all the time. Haven't had a problem since & works much faster. As above it asks if you want to import your favs.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
As part of the install process, Chrome will import bookmarks and so on from another browser. Just make sure IE isn't open when you install Chrome, and it should happen automatically.

A

Anonymous

i think firefox is more user friendly than chrome , if you install the "google toolbar for firefox" you can store your bookmarks there in a handy dropdown menu , ideal if you use another computer , just log into google and youve got your bookmarks , i find chrome too sparse , and importing bookmarks aint easy ..

Diamond Joe

Mar 1, 2008
Visit site
When I changed from Firefox to Chrome it transferred all my favourites automatically. However, I've had difficulties posting on this forum using Chrome - couldn't quote other posters - so I gave up and went back to Firefox. Might have been a small glitch, but I haven't been back to check.

Sonic Dreamer

Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
WOWWW Firefox is brilliant, why the hell I laboured on with IE for so long beats me, I should have changed years ago. Top flight!!!!

Thanks to those of your who suggested it.

SonicD

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts