How do I connect

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi all,

Am trying to get a definitive answer on how I should connect all the new gear I have ordered.

What I have coming is a Samsung 50" 3D plasma TV, a Samsung BD-C6900 3D Blu-ray, a Yamaha YSP-600 soundbar (plus separate sub). I already have V+ Virgin cable box.

I was thinking of using an HDMI cable from V+ to Blu-ray, then another HDMI cable from Blu-ray to soundbar, then a final HDMI from soundbar to TV.

I am pretty ignorant at this sort of thing so does this sound OK or is there a better way ?

Thanks,

Mark .Y.

A

Anonymous

the_lhc:Almost but you don't connect the V+ to the blu-ray (don't know how you'd do that anyway) everything should go to the soundbar and that goes to the TV.

Ha-ha, told you I wasn't very good at this, thanks for that mate, I will buy the relevant cables and get ready to set it all up next week.

Thanks again,

Mark .Y.

A

Anonymous

i think chris is right , the yam has two hdmi in and one out , all 1.3 spec , the bluray player has one 1.4 spec hdmi out ..

ok the bdp has multi channel analogue outs too , so lets say the 1.4 hdmi from the bdp goes to the tv .. thats image sorted..

how do you get the already coded hd audio to the yam ?? theres only one hdmi out on the bdp , thats being used , there are not full multi channel inputs on the yam , theres two , and an optical ..

i dont think the yamaha will work in this setup ..

A

Anonymous

OK guys, thanks for the help again.

I have now emailed Yamaha to ask if the SB would pass through the 3D signal to the TV as I guess that would solve the problem.

From the replies given , I assume an optical cable would not carry the HD sound from the bluray player to the SB so perhaps the answer is an HDMI splitter if such a thing exists....

Mark .Y.

A

Anonymous

Just had another quick look at the Yamaha website and I don't think the YSP-600 is capable of decoding HD audio anyway so maybe an optical cable is the answer.

Mark .Y.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts