Home Demo Dynaudio Excite X12

stevebrock

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
Just got some, had a quick demo at the delaers - He has loaned me them for a few days, they are well run in!

Wired up now to my Brio R so shall report back later!

Hi-FiOutlaw

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
stevebrock said:
Just got some, had a quick demo at the delaers - He has loaned me them for a few days, they are well run in!

Wired up now to my Brio R so shall report back later!

Do you leave the Brio R on 24/7?

Hope you find the Dyns magic, and your room cooperate.. :?

And what speakers cables you'll be using? I find the combo Brio R / Dyns X12 better with 100% cooper cables!

Have fun!

stevebrock

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
So far so good, i like them.......very much!

Really good bass, plenty of detail and lovely soundstage........watch this space

I'm using Chord Rumour speaker cable

Hi-FiOutlaw

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
stevebrock said:

Really good bass, plenty of detail and lovely soundstage........watch this space

Some nice reading to go along...

http://www.pearlaudiovideo.com/blog/entry-level-analog-magic/

:cheers:

Hi-FiOutlaw

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Hi-FiOutlaw said:
stevebrock said:

Some nice reading to go along...

http://www.pearlaudiovideo.com/blog/entry-level-analog-magic/

:cheers:

This two articles and Stereophile review triggered the buying process of the Dyns X12 for me!

Here goes the second:

http://www.pearlaudiovideo.com/blog/dynaudio-excite-x12-led-zeppelin-machine/

stevebrock

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
Got em til the weekend, but so far they are the better sounding than the RS3 & Dreamcatchers

Think I might of found what Im looking for!

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
stevebrock said:
drummerman said:
How do you find the lower treble with these speakers in your system?

regards

Lower treble? mmm i havent got a clue fella, all i know is they are a step up from RS1 - they sound great

When I listened to the active Focus I found that part of the treble grating but its an entirely different speaker. Then again I found Regas older R series fun but rather unrefined (great value at the time though).

Hope these work out for you

regards

stevebrock

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
plastic penguin said:
stevebrock said:
Got em til the weekend, but so far they are the better sounding than the RS3 & Dreamcatchers

Good stuff - a bit of patience pays dividends.

patience does indeed!

Local dealer also has a pair of ex-demo Neat Motive 3 going for a song - I need to get them home see if I can get them to work in my new lounge.....rewind to last year I couldnt get them to sound good in my old lounge but absolutely loved them!

stevebrock said:
plastic penguin said:
stevebrock said:

Good stuff - a bit of patience pays dividends.

patience does indeed!

Local dealer also has a pair of ex-demo Neat Motive 3 going for a song - I need to get them home see if I can get them to work in my new lounge.....rewind to last year I couldnt get them to sound good in my old lounge but absolutely loved them!

There's no real logical reason why the Neats shouldn't impress. You loved the sound at the dealers and that should translate to your room. That said, I know from older Dyns, they are fuller sounding than most others I've heard.

BTW, how far have you got the Dyns from the back wall?

Wolf75

Apr 17, 2011
Visit site
stevebrock said:
30cms off back wall, 2,1 metres apart slightly toed in

Mine x12's are also in such a position, about 30 cm from the rear wall. When it sounds good and without booming, it can be enough.

stevebrock

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
been experimenting today, still quite like the sound of the Dyns.

Tried a bit closer to my back wall, bit too boomy so ive moved them out to 35cms and bass is tighter and sounds more controlled now

I keep thinking about the RS3 and how they would sound in 'my' lounge -

iceman16 said:
Hi Steve

Have you heard the Totem's speakers(Sttaf)? Heard them at my local Audio-T and they sound fabulous with Rega brio R

Think they maybe a little too big for Steve's requirements.

Over the months I've read quite a lot about the Sttafs and the general consensus is they aren't as good as the Arros or the Rainmakers. Can't say one-way or the other if these opinions are correct or not, but, as you know, I'm well taken by the Arros. Gorgeous sounding speaker.

stevebrock

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
I thought the Totem Dreamcatchers were lovely sounding but lacking in bass!

To add to complications my local super-fi are doing KEF R100 for £540 but they wont let me home demo, I can demo in shop but it isnt ideal is it!

Are the R100 going to need more space than the Dyns? The Dyns sound lovely but arent cheap at £755 in gloss black when I can get the R100 in gloss black for £540

Do i take a punt on the R100 by listening in Super-fi's crappy listening room? Will it matter if i dont listen to them with my amp but an audiolab amp?

confused.com!

stevebrock said:
I thought the Totem Dreamcatchers were lovely sounding but lacking in bass!

To add to complications my local super-fi are doing KEF R100 for £540 but they wont let me home demo, I can demo in shop but it isnt ideal is it!

Are the R100 going to need more space than the Dyns? The Dyns sound lovely but arent cheap at £755 in gloss black when I can get the R100 in gloss black for £540

Do i take a punt on the R100 by listening in Super-fi's crappy listening room? Will it matter if i dont listen to them with my amp but an audiolab amp?

confused.com!

Dangerous... given your experience with the Neats I'd say only buy if they offer a returns policy. Otherwise, I'd see them out. Anyway, the R300s would be more of an upgrade, I would guess.

You need to go with your own gut feeling.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts