high end blu-ray players firmware problems thought they were long gone?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
having bought into the hd-player controversy as an early adopter, purchesing both hd-dvd and blu-ray players, and after sending my ealier player samsung bdp1000 player back after not playing later discs i thought firmware issues and compatibility were long gone and after seriously considering a high end player, and reading the comments of fellow forumers i am holding on to my hard earned cash.the denon player was high on my list but not anymore, and might look into the pioneer instead.seems strange when low end players or budget are extremely good and firmware problem free like my current sony bds350. is it worth the hassle of owning these players which make you keep your fingers crossed if they play the latest bd spinner, any views appreciated?

VoodooDoctor

Sep 23, 2007
Visit site
The Sony BDP-5000ES uses similar firmware to your current player, is a "high-end" player and is substantially cheaper than either the Denon or Pioneer. I've had no problems playing any discs so far and haven't read about any other people having problems either...

jase fox

Apr 24, 2008
Visit site
clown:having bought into the hd-player controversy as an early adopter, purchesing both hd-dvd and blu-ray players, and after sending my ealier player samsung bdp1000 player back after not playing later discs i thought firmware issues and compatibility were long gone and after seriously considering a high end player, and reading the comments of fellow forumers i am holding on to my hard earned cash.the denon player was high on my list but not anymore, and might look into the pioneer instead.seems strange when low end players or budget are extremely good and firmware problem free like my current sony bds350. is it worth the hassle of owning these players which make you keep your fingers crossed if they play the latest bd spinner, any views appreciated?I have no problems with my Denon 2500bt, its working like a dream !

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts