HiFi proof is in the pudding

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Andrewjvt

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
MajorFubar said:
Blacksabbath25 said:
yes i agree with that i have a rug in front of my speakers as we have a hard floor as the floor without a rug on it will act just like a window or mirror or class table .

Rug certainly helps of course but will never be as good as just carpeting the room. Like everybody did, not too long ago. Give it a couple of decades and this ghastly fad of laminate floors will hopefully pass, and come to define early 21st century decore as lino and oil cloth did in the 40s and 50s. Clap your hands in a room floored with the stuff and it sounds like an echo chamber. Then they expect their HiFi to sound good.

Are you one of those people that carpet the toilet also?

Romulus

Nov 21, 2014
Visit site
I would imagine if someone had a room with suspended floor boards and the room was of such acoustics that placement of speakers would be tricky to get that correct sound, then speakers which are known to work despite the room issues would be the first choice (eg ATC) unless that person gives up and changes to headphone audio..!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts