Hifi but also rib shattering bass

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

gasolin

Has he mentioned any budget ?

If it's just bass get a Pair of Mission QX 2 they have amazing bass and can handle impressive amount of power, i cranked mine so much up (pa amp) beause it was so much fun, i sold them because of that, the speaker,amp combo makes you wanna crank it up make you get hard of hearing in a short periode, they can compete with a pair of Yamaha HS8.

I never heard so small spakes (6.5") play that loud and with so much deep bass

Another suggestion for loud speakers would be mackie mr824, have the MR524 and they are pretty loud for most people and a strong punchy bass, they just need a little to be party loud but as allround actives they are great and cheap, low hiss,white noise, better than Jbl lsr306,306,

Last edited:
Looks and sounds, like the driver is struggling to cope there.

The Fathom f112 v2’s driver with it’s 3” peak to peak excursion capability can look like this at high output levels. All under control though (y) Rest assured the manufacturers of the best subwoofers in the business know what they are doing :)

This vid. shows an 8” W7 automobile bass drive unit under test (their domestic Fathom v2 and Gotham v2 Series of bass drivers are based on the now legendary automobile and marine W7’s designs) and yet I believe are even more advanced -

View: https://youtu.be/p6AKWuZZ8kk

gasolin

Tektondesign Enzo XL or the cheaper LORE

400 watt 96.5 db 4 or 8 ohm 30hz

LORE 98 db 8 ohm 300 watt 30hz

DOUBLE IMPACT

• 98.82dB 2.83V@1m sensitivity
  • 4 Ohm design for optimum performance – 8 Ohm Double Impact option
  • 20Hz-30kHz frequency response
  • Ultra-linear frequency response with ±1dB deviation from 70Hz-20kHz
  • 400 Watt power handling

double_impact_double_front-1-600x785[1].jpg