HiFi 2012 - nice things coming up

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
A

Anonymous

New top end amp for sansui uk .a valve and integrated hybrid can't wait

A

Anonymous

New top end amp for sansui uk .a valve and integrated hybrid can't wait

John Duncan

Joe10155 said:
Noticed that Primare are saying that they are bringing out a 24bit/192kHz DAC very soon; "Audiophile DAC30".

http://www.primare.net/product.asp?ProductID=56

Nah. No knobs.

DAC30main.jpg

Excitable Boy said:
MUSICRAFT said:
Naim's new CDs5i CD player :)

Thanks

Rick @ Musicraft

Thanks for that Rick - should make an interesting comparison with the new Rega Saturn. Any more news from Rega on that ?

Hi E B

Your welcome :) although as Andrew as pointed out the new Naim is CD5si and not CDs5i. Sorry :(

Anyway i'll get an update on the new Saturn player.

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

jerry klinger

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
chebby said:
MUSICRAFT said:
RRP £27500 (active), £30000 (passive)

They are not active in the sense we normally understand

Well, they're active in the way that I understand, from having followed the likes of Linn's Isobarik and Sara from 1977, ARC /Nytech from about 1980 (and then Naim from 1986) use the phrase in this fashion. Naim buyers would know this, so hardly 'dishonest'.

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
jerry klinger said:
Well, they're active in the way that I understand, from having followed the likes of Linn's Isobarik and Sara from 1977, ARC /Nytech from about 1980 (and then Naim from 1986) use the phrase in this fashion. Naim buyers would know this, so hardly 'dishonest'.

Not everyone (even Naim customers) have all been following hi-fi since 1977 or give a 'rat's ....' about somebody's 40 year old active 'Bariks and NAXOs, SNAXOs, NAPs, SNAPs and NACs. (Sounds like the Rice Crispies marketing team brainstorming a new slogan.)

Some of them might assume that active Ovators don't need 36 additional boxes costing another £100K to work at their best :) Some of them might be looking at Meridian and ATC and AVI and thinking "WT# Naim, this is the 21st century and I don't want all that stuff spewing out all over my living room and needing FRAIMs galore to house it all! I am not my Grandad."

Ok I exaggerate a bit, but surely Naim can make active speakers with all the 'guts' inside the loudspeaker body by now.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts