HiFi 2012 - nice things coming up

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
A

Anonymous

The New Beresford Bushmaster DAC is now shipping. Initial customer feedback confirm my design parameters of sibilance rejection, lack of harsh midrange and treble, and solid extended bass. These are problems that DAC designers have been struggling with for years, but which I finally managed to solve and raise DAC standards at the same time.

Looking forward to a WHF review in the future :) .

A

Anonymous

I would also like to se hifi review for new DAC Bushmaster as I can not decide shall I get Bushmaster or MF M1.

Regards

tino

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
If you've been waiting for the 2012 Pathos bus, 4 have come along at once (admittedly the Musiteca was announced ages ago)

* Musiteca - music system

* Aurium - headphone amp

* Converto - DAC

* InTransfer - DAC (2980 Euro allegedly)

Strangely none of these are on the Pathos website, but saw the poduct sheets on the UK distributor's website.

WishTree

May 18, 2010
Visit site
tino said:
If you've been waiting for the 2012 Pathos bus, 4 have come along at once (admittedly the Musiteca was announced ages ago)

* Musiteca - music system

* Aurium - headphone amp

* Converto - DAC

* InTransfer - DAC (2980 Euro allegedly)

Strangely none of these are on the Pathos website, but saw the poduct sheets on the UK distributor's website.

I like the InTransfer!

Cypher

Jun 8, 2007
Visit site
I can't wait to hear the Creek Evolution 50A amp............should be good. Coming next month I think.

I'm also curious to hear the new Boston Acoustics M25 speakers.

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
MUSICRAFT said:
RRP £27500 (active), £30000 (passive)

Slightly misleading there Rick.

The 'active' version just means they come without without crossovers in the plinths. (You would still need to spend a whole other fortune on amps and electronic crossovers to make them active.)

They are not active in the sense we normally understand (like ATC active speakers) where everything is built in for the price.

'Active Capable' would be more honest.

chebby said:
MUSICRAFT said:
RRP £27500 (active), £30000 (passive)

Slightly misleading there Rick.

The 'active' version just means they come without without crossovers in the plinths. (You would still need to spend a whole other fortune on amps and electronic crossovers to make them active.)

They are not active in the sense we normally understand (like ATC active speakers) where everything is built in for the price.

'Active Capable' would be more honest.

Hi chebby

Fair enough. No intention to mislead though. Anyway thanks :)

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

Excitable Boy said:
MUSICRAFT said:
Excitable Boy said:
I've heard rumours of a Rega Saturn upgrade - anyone else heard this one ?

Hi E B

Rega's new Saturn CD player and Elicit amplifier are projected to be released in the last quarter of this year :)

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft
Any more news or details on this one please ?

Hi E B

Still looking at the last quarter of this year :) although i hope that Rega manage to release the new Saturn and Elicit sooner :pray:

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

Native_bon

Nov 26, 2008
Visit site
Andrew Everard said:
TheHomeCinemaCentre said:
and Tanoy the new DC10a - both look superb and promise to have performance to match.

Tannoy DC10a sounded impressive on first listen at the recent High End Show in Munich – though notably better when the Tannoy guys snuck up on them with a hefty solid-state amp rather than the valve job the German distributor seemed very keen to use!

Well all down to taste again.

hoopsontoast

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
Andrew Everard said:
Native_bon said:
Well all down to taste again.

Indeed, though the guys who'd developed the speakers seemed to think they were better suited to some solid muscle rather than a lowish-powered valve amp.

I guess its to do with the distributors choice of hardware, Tannoy usually goes with Teac/Esoteric in places like USA/Japan as they are distributed by the same people.

It looks like a Unison Research amp in the photo's I have seen with the DC10a

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
hoopsontoast said:
It looks like a Unison Research amp in the photo's I have seen with the DC10a

Yes, it was an S6. The solid state amp was a TEAC Distinction AI-3000, matching the CD-3000 SACD/CD player being used for the dems.

satycool

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I was originally looking to purchase the Pioneer set up with the A-30 Amp, SACD, N-50 Streamer - but coudn't find any info or reviews on the amp or cd player. I only know the N-50 has been received well.

Cypher

Jun 8, 2007
Visit site
satycool said:
I was originally looking to purchase the Pioneer set up with the A-30 Amp, SACD, N-50 Streamer - but coudn't find any info or reviews on the amp or cd player. I only know the N-50 has been received well.

The A-30 amp got some very nice reviews in Germany already. One review said it was very analogue sounding......

I hope What Hifi will review it soon. A review of the N-30 streamer would be nice too....... ;)

dalwen

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
FYI.....The Onkyo A-9050 and T-4030 are new on the Onkyo website! Very ..nice components. Also build in DAC.

I wonder if the definitive components are adjused, compared to the pre-production components Andrew mentioned in his post.....

dalwen

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
FYI.....The Onkyo A-9050 and T-4030 are new on the Onkyo website! Very ..nice components. Also build in DAC.

I wonder if the definitive components are adjused, compared to the pre-production components Andrew mentioned in his post.....

Blackdawn

May 7, 2010
Visit site
Cypher said:
satycool said:

The A-30 amp got some very nice reviews in Germany already. One review said it was very analogue sounding......

I hope What Hifi will review it soon. A review of the N-30 streamer would be nice too....... ;)

Just got the Pioneer A30 a few days ago, I'm happy with the sound.

A

Anonymous

New top end amp for sansui uk .a valve and integrated hybrid can't wait

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts