Hi-Fi tuning extreme fuses, any thoughts?

davidvann

Oct 20, 2010
Visit site
hi iceman,i have furutec fuses in my system,i started with the cd player and found that they did make quite a good improvement to the sound,then did the power amp and so on,it was a impovement all round,but the cd player was the biggest in my system.i'm right up there with i/c power chords do make huge impact on the system.you can check out my system on the what hifi form ,hope that helps david

RobinKidderminster

May 27, 2009
Visit site
sogophonio11 said:
So are Russ andrews fuses :) About an inch! ;)

Presumeably need to replace all fuses in the circuit including mains distribution board. What about RCB's tho I still have old wire fuses ??
Is the water pipe analogy valid using a 6inch pipe throttled down to 1inch restricting flow? Mmph.

sogophonio11

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
Take care of your mains infrastructure, from the consumer unit to your system. Its all about cost of course. These plug fuses are properly designed they just use better litz wire, but still blow when they are supposed to! The benefits of this approach will be clearly evident. Upgrading further down the chain will not bring the expected performance boost you are looking for, unless you take care of your mains first!

Plenty of good articles on the web. Check out Russ andrews site also. You dont have to buy his products, but a wealth of very good advice etc.

Cheers

TrevC

sogophonio11 said:
Take care of your mains infrastructure, from the consumer unit to your system. Its all about cost of course. These plug fuses are properly designed they just use better litz wire, but still blow when they are supposed to! The benefits of this approach will be clearly evident. Upgrading further down the chain will not bring the expected performance boost you are looking for, unless you take care of your mains first!

Plenty of good articles on the web. Check out Russ andrews site also. You dont have to buy his products, but a wealth of very good advice etc.

Cheers

Oh dear. More nonsense. Don't believe everything you read on the internet. Neither mains quality or voltage will have any affect on performance on well designed gear.

sogophonio11

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
Oh dear! Another obtuse individual. No difference/ dont believe, etc ,etc! And your qualification to speak sir? Mains considerations most definitely do make a profound difference, and affect (Not effect) The overall performance of an audio system.

My qualification(S) to speak sir? Well not in any particular order of importance:

1) Over fourty years in the industry.

2) More than fourty years as an enthusiast

3) B.Tech(Bachelor of technology) Electrical engineering

4) Bsc(Hons) Sound engineering (Southampton)

May i be so bold as to suggest? Know what you are talking about before trying to give advice here! People who post on this (And other forums) Mostly know there subject. And are true enthusiasts, who only want to help where they can!

sogophonio11

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
To my knowledge, there are no internal equipment fuses available? But they sit on the PCB in most cases and would not make much of a difference any how. The ones in the plug do.

cheeseboy

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
sogophonio11 said:
To my knowledge, there are no internal equipment fuses available? But they sit on the PCB in most cases and would not make much of a difference any how. The ones in the plug do.

serious non leading question, but why would only make a difference in the plug?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts