Hi-Fi System that has what I want on it - impossible?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I am lookin for a system that plays good CDs with MP3 compatibility, has USB connection, DAB, aux input and card reader/memory stick input with good sound output that DOES NOT have an IPOD or iPlayer dock (most important). Is there such a beast? I have been looking a while and can't quite find anything that matches all of the above. Now starting to get a little frustrated as my current system is on its last legs.

Most grateful for any suggestions - did I mention upper budget limit of £400?

TheHomeCinemaCentre

Oct 1, 2008
Visit site
The Marantz CR603 does all that - no card reader but you could get a usb card reader. Just a bit over budget bt I am sure you could get close. It has the added benefit of sounding good as well.

A

Anonymous

That looks really good - thanks for the information - Amazon doing it at £19 over - think I could stretch to that. cheers

bemaniac

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Trust me some people are annoyed by apple and feel that having an ipod adapter or dock on electronics devalues them or makes them too young/hip and not serious. The hifi lovers in my office who spend lots more money than me on kit would laugh if I bought something with an ipod dock on it.

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
In which case Colin495 is going to dislike the direct digital iPod/iPhone USB connection on the front panel (it is even labelled 'iPod/USB') and the - optional - AirPlay capability (that really makes the M-CR603 complete as far as I am concerned).

Ok, it doesn't have a built-in dock but the M-CR603 and iPhone/iPod Touch are made for each other.

amcluesent

Mar 8, 2009
Visit site
>Is there such a beast? <

Can't imagine a supplier now doing a USB port and not supporting iPod, it would be marketing suicide. Maybe if you looked at machines from 23 years back 2nd hand before iPod via USB was easy. (I had an Arcam Solo Music and your hooked up via the RS232 port to control the early iPods :O)

A

Anonymous

I do not want an i-pod or i-phone dock as I do not own either one now and do not intend having either in the future. Whilst they may well be very popular, from what I’ve seen, one is limited to its usage with regards to where the music can be downloaded from, and from what source it can be transferred from/to. This gives Apple a monopoly and disallows users freedom of choice and flexibility.

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
Colin495 said:
I do not want an i-pod or i-phone dock as I do not own either one now and do not intend having either in the future. Whilst they may well be very popular, from what I’ve seen, one is limited to its usage with regards to where the music can be downloaded from, and from what source it can be transferred from/to. This gives Apple a monopoly and disallows users freedom of choice and flexibility.

I have content on my iTunes that I have downloaded and imported from Amazon, from Linn Records, from Gimell, from my own CDs, from radio plays I recorded from FM onto VHS Nicam in the 1990s, from vinyl LPs, from old tape cassettes and even some stuff downloaded from iTunes.

A

Anonymous

That is insightful, thank you. And can you also download to your ipod from any connection source (as in computer) or is it limited to the one that the device was first used with?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts