Hi-Fi Expo - Sofia 2011

atanakata

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
Hiya all :)

Just wanted to share a link with the photos from this year`s Hi-Fi Show in the capital of Bulgaria. I must say that I was very impressed with the organisation, and the idea itself - The set-ups where in hotel rooms , furnished with sofas and chairs, with thick carpets and curtains. This makes the experience very close to sitting and listening of those systems at home .

There were from mid-range to hi-end stuff, and also some very serious, exquisite set-ups . The star of the show was a 300 000 BGN ( aprox. 130 000 GBP ) turntable :) , but for me the very best were the the YG Acoustic Anat III Speakers ( aprox £ 110k ) driven by Audio Research units lnked with Kubala-Sosna cables ( £ 10k ) :rofl: The sound was out of this world .

From more " down to earth " stuff te biggest impression on me made the ATC - SCM 40 driven by Leema Tucana . Although the design is not my favorite , I though that they sounded brilliant .

The overall experience was great. The only downpoint was that it is 4 consecutive days and in some of the 25 rooms there was a strict schedule of the auditions, so if you want to hear some speakers that are scheduled for another day- you won`t be able to. But , hey , even if you go just for one day, you`ll be far from getting bored :)

Enjoy :

http://hifiexpo.bg/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=19&Itemid=36&lang=en

atanakata

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
Yes it was a very pleasant experience. Well I don`t know where you live, but there are few of those shows in UK- Britsol,Manchester etc. If you get the chance, go.......

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts