HI-END DAC group test WHFSAV

A

Anonymous

They said a little while ago reviews of hi-end DACs would be filtering through over the course of this year, no group test though. I can understand that, expensive DACs are going through an initial period of exclusivity and I expect companies maybe concerned about getting bad press at a vital period in their reputations.

I am too however annoyed that there aren't any such reviews, especially seeing as how I had to go to great lengths to listen to a Stello before I bought a Benchmark. I've been considering buying a Lavry on credit card just to get an idea of how it compares since hearing about it elsewhere even though it has been around for ages.

A

Anonymous

From your list I'd say the Chord, it's quite literally in aÿdifferentÿleague - I've only heard the DAC64, but should imagine the 76 builds upon this....

How it will sound with the Cyrus I don't know, depends how you like your sound...I'd be afraid of it being on the lean side...

If you want to spend less, a lot less, I'd check out the Lavry DA10. I've read good things of the Stello also, but never heard one yet.

Personally, I'm holding out for the Naim standalone DAC and hoping it appears in time as I swap out my gear...ÿ

A

Anonymous

We'll see....I have no clue, but I'd be very surprised if they go the year without one.....There are defo new Naim products coming, just no one knows what...!

T

the record spot

Andrew Everard:...Says the man with the DAC fed by a power supply costing almost as much the converter itself.

LOL! Or, "busted" as the Americans would say!

A

Anonymous

chebby, did adding that separate power supply make a big difference to your fubars sound?

TRENDING THREADS