Help with speakers in an awkward space...

Ant8519

Mar 15, 2008
Visit site
Hi folks

I have an unusually shaped living area with lots of windows and few places suitable for traditional speaker placement. The room is large (18 foot by 29 foot) and incorporates a kitchen/dining area at one end. The living area takes up about 3/5 of the space, covering an area of about 18 x 16. The space also has a very high pitched ceiling which is 15 to 20 foot high at the middle.

I currently have floorstanding speakers (AE109's) bi-amped by arcam seperates, which are placed along the longest wall in the living area portion of the room.

I want to replace the speakers but cannot figure out with what. I am strongly tempted for a lifestyle type replacement along the lines of the bose acoustimass or similar, simply due to the innate difficulty in placing speakers in this unusual space. Somethong like the acoustimass units would hide perfectly well in the large roof beams of the room. Also I have wondered if a 5.1 type system would be better to also serve the kitchen area, but as I have no interest in home cinema as such I know knack all about these and don't know whether my stereo amps would be suitable.

Obviously I would like the replacements to sound at least as good as the old AE's, prefeably better (NB the current speakers are probably not giving their best due to the positioning)

Any advice on what sorts of speakers might fit the bill would be most welcome...

thx in advance, Ant

A

Anonymous

Might be worth making a little drawing of the floor plan mate, and attaching it to this thread
emotion-1.gif

Ant8519

Mar 15, 2008
Visit site
hi I tried pasting a drawing from word but no joy and I cannot get an attachment on either!

I'm more intested in anyone with any experience of quality "lifestyle" speakers that they may wish to share really...

thx again, Ant

Ant8519

Mar 15, 2008
Visit site
hi I tried pasting a drawing from word but no joy and I cannot get an attachment on either!

I'm more intested in anyone with any experience of quality "lifestyle" speakers that they may wish to share really...

thx again, Ant

TRENDING THREADS