Help with speakers + amp system (newbie need help)

Niwa565

Mar 23, 2015
Visit site
Hello everyone

I recently got myself a pair of Kef X300a for my computer and the amazing sound it produce litterally blew me away, really got me wanting to dwell more into quality sound for my music.

I decided to do a total upgrade for my room. I will put the X300a over to my turntable and retire it current speakers. Im going to get a new speakers for my computer as I do more music listening on there

Here I am needing your help, what system should I go with. My budget is around 1500 to 2000 for everything. I'm looking for a system that deliver extremely smooth and warmth sound from it. I primary listen to OST and slow relaxing acoustic songs. I don't have a lot of high quality files on my comp so this new system need to be kind for low quality files as well, mp3 and YouTube vids. My local place recommended me this combo: Kef LS50 + Peachtree Nova 65se.

What is your thought on this ?

rainsoothe

hi

1. do you need speakers or would you consider a headphone setup? Or both?

2. what kind of music do you listen to

3. what's your room size and listening levels.

4. that budget - is it USD, Euro or Pounds?

DocG

May 1, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to the forum, Niwa565.

I think the combo, advised by your local store, is a good one. The LS50s are well suited for near-field listening (you should look for proper desk stands or pads too, btw) while the Peachtree has enough grunt to drive them properly. The amplifier's valve buffer can smoothen the presentation as you like. Classy! Can you demo the gear? Maybe take your X300As along for comparison.

Having said that, a good pair of active speakers (certainly available in your price bracket) could be a worthy alternative. Where do you live? What brands do you have access to?

Another thing (keeping the above suggestion in mind): do you care for aesthetics? Or is sound quality all that matters?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts