Help with receiver switching

Killcity69

Aug 27, 2024
Visit site
I want to run one turntable and one set of speakers into two different receivers (not at the same time) what is an affordable box that I can get to do this ? I am in a rabbit hole. Some things look like they handle hooking up different speakers. Some boxes look like they can switch the amps but dont accept the device connection. Please guide me towards a solution that wont break the bank (hopefully 50 bucks or less) Couple options are welcome. Thanks in advance.

Gray

That's a bit of a specific requirement - which is the reason you probably haven't seen a single-box solution.
Plenty of signal switchers.
Plenty of speaker switchers.
But good luck with finding one that does both simultaneously - at least one that's designed to do both.

It's also far from ideal to be switching the very low output signal from a cartridge.
For that reason, you'd be better off switching the output of a phono preamp between line inputs of the two receivers.

What you need is a screened, 6 pole changeover arrangement - ideally done by a single switch.

If you can use a drill and a soldering iron, you could certainly make one yourself....otherwise if I see a ready made one, I'll get back to you......

Killcity69

Aug 27, 2024
Visit site
That's a bit of a specific requirement - which is the reason you probably haven't seen a single-box solution.
Plenty of signal switchers.
Plenty of speaker switchers.
But good luck with finding one that does both simultaneously - at least one that's designed to do both.

It's also far from ideal to be switching the very low output signal from a cartridge.
For that reason, you'd be better off switching the output of a phono preamp between line inputs of the two receivers.

What you need is a screened, 6 pole changeover arrangement - ideally done by a single switch.

If you can use a drill and a soldering iron, you could certainly make one yourself....otherwise if I see a ready made one, I'll get back to you......
If this helps with more understanding The particular turntable has a built in pre amp. Not sure if that differs. But tell me if this sounds like a solution. Get a box that can handle the speaker connections. But for the turntable. Get an rca y splitting cable ? Do you think that would work. Also any brands or particular units you know of. Please let mf know. My friend told me about one made by Pyle but it’s over 100 dollars. I currently have many other things I need to buy for not just the stereo but some other things. I’d like to spend around 50 at most. If I’m off base please feel free. I am a novice , I love audio equipment but I’m not experienced in different setups like what I’m looking for. Thanks in advance.

Gray

The particular turntable has a built in pre amp.
I was hoping that would be the case.
Ideally you wouldn't switch or split a signal at all, but far better to be doing it with the output from, rather than the input to, a preamp 👍

Your idea would certainly work.
Get a proper speaker switcher.
Split the output from the turntable's preamp - by using a couple of these:
50 Dollars should easily, more than cover the cost of a decent 2 in, 1 out speaker switch.

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts