all about the bass

lietuva48

Sep 5, 2024
Visit site
Hi all,
I'm in the process of setting up a home theater system and currently have Marantz NR 1608 paired with some Q acoustics 3050i's, a center speaker and sub. ( want to get some rear speakers at some point but living room space is at a premium so unsure where to go) However, my issue is this: I love the beautiful clear warm sound of the QA's but on occasion, I like to feel that deep throb of bass, and, at the moment, when I turn up the volume, I still get clarity and warmth, but I don't get that deep bass pulse that you can really feel.
Can anyone suggest any tweaks that I can make to rectify this?

Cheers,

twinkletoes

There is a lot to unpack and not enough info to really help you. This is a basic question but has a multifaceted reply.

For example is it just you subwoofer is just to small for your space pressurise the room. We don’t know you haven’t stated size of the room or the subwoofer.

It could be your subwoofer is in a room mode. We don’t know you haven’t given us a diagram of your room shape.

Are you free to move the subwoofer to were it needs to be to placed ideally.

And so on

Have read/googled best practices for placing subwoofer’s. Svs is a good resource if not

lietuva48

Sep 5, 2024
Visit site
Thanks guys,
Appreciate the feedback. I hadn't thought about pressurization. I acted on your suggestion about reading up on best practice for subs so cheers for that. Repositioning the unit made a huge improvement. The sub was just too close to some cabinetry on one side and a sofa on the other. Moving it out of such a confined space really opened it up.

Thanks again.

Reactions: twinkletoes

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts