Help! Is there a speaker switching solution out there for my system??

Oldboy

Sep 13, 2007
Visit site
Hello all,

I'm not sure if this is the correct section for me to post this question so I will post it in the Hi-Fi section too just in case I'm in the wrong place for this discussion but I'm hoping you good people may be able to help me so here goes....

I bought a Marantz PM6004 stereo amp yesterday to go with my Marantz CD6003 player, the problem I have is how to integrate it into my home cinema system...I want my new Marantz amp to drive my Dali Zensor 5 floorstanders which are used as the front speakers in my current 5.1 system but apart from getting behind the amp and plugging the fronts in and out of each amp as required (a real pain) I couldn't think of a way round it until a friend suggested some sort of switching box yesterday.

My question is does some sort of box exist that would enable me to just switch between each amp as required?? If so can you point me towards any possible solution please? I'm expecting it to be some sort of in/out affair but just where it would fit into my system I'm unsure of (in terms of signal path) so any advice would be really appreciated as I've seen some switching boxes but they seem designed for multiroom systems so I'm not sure if any of those would do what I need it to.

Please help as physically pulling out the speakers every time is not an ideal situation and I'm sure a solution must be out there, thank you.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Yes, there's this:

TC-7220F325.gif

Oldboy

Sep 13, 2007
Visit site
Very many thanks Andrew for the link...I got a bit worried that the price would be a little high when I saw it was a Beresford solution but at £69.99 I think that will do nicely and is exactly what I wanted, thank you for taking the time to point me in the right direction it's very much appreciated.

Oldboy

Sep 13, 2007
Visit site
Andrew,

One last question although it may be obvious but I just wanted to make sure before I order the Beresford, would I be correct in assuming that you would plug the front speakers into the Beresford and then run two sets of cables out of it with one pair going to Marantz amp and another pair to my Onkyo home cinema amp?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts