HELP - SONY BDV-E300 HOME THEATRE SYSTEM

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I've just bought a Sony BDV-E300 blu-ray system (on WHSV's rating) and I need it to be a true 7.1 system as opposed to virtual.

I understand from the manual that I need the optional kit WAHT-SBP1 for this, but it appears in the UK that Sony provides only the amplifier (WAHT-SA1).

Does anyone know where I can two additional speakers the same as those with the BDV-E300 or, failing that, compatible wireless speakers that would work well with the S-AIR amplifier?

What I'm looking for can be found at http://www.sony.co.nz/product/waht-sbp1. It's also marketed in the Far East like that so I can't understand why they can't market it in the U.K. Does this mean I have to purchase from these countries just to get the speakers?

A

Anonymous

I see this one has the tech-heads out there scratching their receding manes in desperation!

Is there not one good man (or woman) out there who has a solution (even a Sony employee)?

It's looking more and more likely that Sony has boobed on this one. In a worst-case scenario, it means we in the U.K. either have to buy a second set and take the extra two speakers from there or import the kit (WAHT-SBP1) from far-flung places like New Zealand, Hong Kong and the Far East.

Don't think that will go down too well with AV fans here - especially after WHSV gave the product (BDV-E300) a 5-star rating and (from what I understand from Sony, Richer Sounds etc.) it's flying off the shelves!

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
Well, I've had a look into this and have to say, I'm still not 100% sure the WAHT-SBP1 upgrade works with the BDV-E300 unit or not - it never specifically says it does on any of the sites I've visited and, although I can see in the manual that it says you can enjoy 7.1 by adding this kit, it does say "The optional product lineup differs depending on the area" and I also note this is the manual for not only the BDV-E300 unit, but also the BDV-T10 and BDV-T11 units, so it might be referring to these.

The main reason my suspicion was raised was, on the link from your first post, it specifically says it's the "Transmitter and satellite speakers kit for BDVE800W 7.1 channel operation" - no mention of the BDV-E300 is made. Of course I may be wrong, but like you, I can't find anywhere in the UK you can buy the WAHT-SBP1 unit, only the WAHT-SA1 unit. You'll also find the BDV-E800 is not available in the UK which suggests the reason why the WAHT-SBP1 is unavailable is because it's for the BDV-E800 so, given this isn't sold in the UK, there's no requirement for it.

Of course, I'd suggest taking this up with Sony directly to get a definitive answer rather than relying on my assumptions / posturings!

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the feedback Prof. I was beginning to think that I was alone in this sea of predicament!

I have spoken with a few of the Sony Centres here in London as well as Sony Online's Tech Section, but no-one could give a definitive reply. Sony mentioned they were looking into the matter and would revert (I'm hoping very shortly). What I have done is send them the NZ link showing what's happening there.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts