Help please, not a expert

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi,

I've had a Samsung LE40M8 for a year and deciced to add a amp. I got a Yamaha DSP-AX863SE.

I've connected the two with a QED HDMI cable then connected up my Tannoy 611's Mk1, using the bi-wire option. I'm waiting for the centre speaker to be delivered and will then connect that with my Goodmans Maxim 2's for the centre and surround sound.

So with just the front speakers connected I tried to get it to work..!!!

The amp should on the front display show HDMI connected/recongised. Which it didn't. On the TV I pulled up the HDMI screen and can go through the set up menu with no problems. Once I've finished the set-up the HDMI channel says no signal

And that's it. Any idea on where I'm going wrong will be gratfully received, Thanks for taking the time to read this.

Dave.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
I assume you're saying you can't get sound from the TV into the receiver, and thus out to the speakers?

The connection from receiver to TV is one way - from receiver to TV - and nothing comes back from the TV to the receiver, so you won't get sound that way.

The samsung TV has both analogue stereo and optical digital outputs - you need to connect one of those to an appropriate input in your receiver to get sound from the TV's tuner through your speakers.

Note, though, that even then you won't get true surround, but only stereo which the receiver's Pro-Logic IIx processing can crunch into pseudo-surround, though this can be very effective.

For true surround, you'll need to connect a DVD or Blu-ray Disc player to the receiver, or Sky+/Sky+HD, Virgin+ or Freesat set-top boxes.

A

Anonymous

Andrew, Thanks very much. Told you I wasn't a expert, if fact I'm closer to a idiot.....Will get cables for opticals for TV and Sky today.

Thanks again.

Dave.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts