Help please -my dvd signal has a green haze

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi,

Can anybody help.

I got a new Pannasonic PZ70 a few weeks ago and whilst I save the pennies for a HD Player I thought I would connect up my old Cinema surround system ( JVC TH A35 ) via Scart connectors. The only problem is that although you can see the picture it is all with a green haze? Even the JVC menue screen without a DVD in it is the same?

Neil

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Hi Neil,

Sounds like a problem with your Scart lead or connection. I'd try using a different Scart lead first, then if there's no difference, experiment with different Scart sockets if possible, plus different connections (if your JVC offers them) to check it's not a fault with that.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Possibly TV expecting component and getting RGB from the DVD player? Or some other mis-setting between them? Or possibly a Scart that's not fully wired - ie not ready for RGB - sending only part of the signal to the TV?

A

Anonymous

my brother in law had a similar problem with his philips lcd over HDMI, turned out to be a problem with the tv.

A

Anonymous

i suggest trying a different component plugged inot the same scart socket to rule that out.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="richardjlarby"]my brother in law had a similar problem with his philips lcd over HDMI, turned out to be a problem with the tv.[/quote]

Well yes, there is that possibility too...

A

Anonymous

I've had a similar problem with a Philips dvd recorder and it finally proved to be the dvd itself (had to be fixed). Hope you'll get to the bottom of it. Good luck

A

Anonymous

I had this problem with my old Trinitron 16:9 CRT set. All the shadows (especially unshaven chins) looked green instead of grey.

I swapped leads and players and it was still there. The problem was with the set, and it's now in the loft........

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts