Help on Speaker options/power outputs

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Good afternoon folks,

May sound like a silly question so please bare with me, I have a AIO Panasonic system and I was thinking about upgrading the front/centre speakers only (for just now) the spec of the AIO is:

Front - 125W x 2 (1kHz, 3ohms, 10percent THD)

Centre - 250W (1kHz, 6ohms, 10percent THD)

Rears - 125W x 2 (1kHz, 3ohms, 10percent THD)

Sub - 250W (100Hz, 6ohms, 10percent THD)

Are there speakers on the market that i can use with the above spec's? Also could I bin the rears and utilise outputs on the front two and run with a 3.1 system with more power going to fronts?

Come time I will be getting a ‘proper' set up.

Any advise/speaker recommendations would be appreciated.

Thanks

Steve.

strobo

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
I can't suggest any particular speakers. Andrew is your man for that. But with the fronts and rears being 3ohms impedance, I'd say replacing them with "proper" speakers would give the amp a breather. 3ohms is pretty hard to drive.

Is your AIO the chrome fronted one, with the clear plastic/glass front panels, and little skitchy buttons? If so my auntie and uncle have that one, and a "proper" system will blow it out of the water. Good luck with the upgrades. You'll enjoy it.

A

Anonymous

Strobo, thanks for the reply. No it's the new all black model, it's only been out since march and I've had it for 4 months + it has HDMI and up scales to 1080i and i have no worries when watching Dvd's PQ is great, i just feel I'm missing out on the musical side of the system, hence some reasearch on the Ohms side of things to see if i can get some decent speakers to go with it.

Thanks Again

Steve.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts