Amp power

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
Focal, Monitor Audio RS6....
IMO ohms are just as important with a low powered amp. Had personal experience with my old 40 watt Arcam. The RS6 are 6 ohms at 91dbs, while I found PMC DB1i 8 ohms & 87dbs to be an easier load.
Agreed. There is more to easy driven speakers than meets the eye. No massive impedance dips is crucial.
Many so called 8 ohm speakers aren't.
A 6ohm speaker that doesn't actually dip much below that is easier, often, for an amp to handle.

plastic penguin

Agreed. There is more to easy driven speakers than meets the eye. No massive impedance dips is crucial.
Many so called 8 ohm speakers aren't.
A 6ohm speaker that doesn't actually dip much below that is easier, often, for an amp to handle.
So true. Those RS6 could dip to around 3 ohms. That was one of the reasons the 40 watt Arcam could struggle when cranked up on low output recordings

Reactions: Al ears

Alfi76

Jul 1, 2021
Thank you all for your much appreciated comments. In the end I just decided to go for a compact DENON M41DAB. Read really good reviews about it and buying also the DENON speakers designed for the system I avoided the speaker matching dilemma. The problem now is matching a sub! lol (new thread)

Reactions: gellert

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts