HELP NEEDED!!

breffni123

May 9, 2020
Visit site
Hi all

I have an Arcam AVR 10 with a B&W PV1D. However when I turn on my Amp the B&W PV1D does not turn on.

Can anyone help??

Secondly I want to add more power to my amp. I am thinking of adding an Anthem pre amp or should I save up and buy the Anthem MRX1140?

BTW I have Kef Reference 3 speaker set.

I know I am probably by myself but I am not that impressed by the Arcam AVR10. Thats why I am thinking of Anthem.

Help please

D

Deleted member 196306

Hi all

I have an Arcam AVR 10 with a B&W PV1D. However when I turn on my Amp the B&W PV1D does not turn on.

Can anyone help??

Secondly I want to add more power to my amp. I am thinking of adding an Anthem pre amp or should I save up and buy the Anthem MRX1140?

I know I am probably by myself but I am not that impressed by the Arcam AVR10. Thats why I am thinking of Anthem.

Help please
Sometimes I have to give my subwoofer cable to my amp a little tug, especially at the amp end.

D

Deleted member 196306

Hi all

Can anyone help??

Help please
Have you also tried turning the subwoofer up? Check all connections.

D

Deleted member 196306

I have the same sub, it does not turn on automatically when you turn the amp on.
The amp has to be playing low enough sound for it to activate. Check your crossover settings etc.
How do you turn your sub volume up, Buzz?

You don’t add more power by adding a preamp. Let’s get your sub working, then decide what amplifier you need, perhaps?

I suggest you begin by clarifying what has changed, because it’s not clear what just happened that prompted your first post. A few posters above have tried to deduce this, but it’d be better if you spelt it out step by step.

Firstly, I’d ask which dealer sold you a pair of Reference 3 speakers to go with an AVR10, or an AVR10 to go wih Reference 3s. Either way, that dealer is only interested ing the sale off you, unless of course you bought second hand - and this is the downfall of buying second hand with no advice to hand or someone to guide you.

The Reference 3S will need something more substantial than an AVR10 to sound anywhere near their best. I doubt you’ll be looking at integrated AVRs, as they’ll be power limited, especially when all channels are up and firing at the same time - as an example, the Arcam drops to 60wpc in that scenario. Ideally, you need to be looking at power amplifiers for the Reference 3s, so my first step would be to add a power amplifier specifically for them that can drive them properly. If you have the Reference centre as well, I’d also address that. Once you have the ideal amplification for your set up, look to replace the AVR10 with a pre-processor.

As for the sub not kicking in, the output from the receiver might be a little low. If it’s set to a high minus figure (say, -10), you need to up that to nearer zero, but just remember to reduce the volume setting on the sub itself by the same amount. Oh, and make sure the sub is plugged into the sub output on the back of the Arcam rather than the sub connection on a 5-channel input or something - easily done.

Although, I hardly think that a PV1 is actually going to add anything to Reference 3s! You’ll need something a bit more meaty than that to add something significant to the Reference 3s.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts