Help needed with Ortofon 2M cartridge

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
floyd droid said:
plastic penguin said:
I do own the previous incumbent: The 'Classic Wood', which gets little mention on here, apart from me.

Theres a reason for this PP.

No bu**er else on here owns one, at a rough guess :)

I know the reason, just stating a pertinent fact. But IMO it should be on most people's list when looking for a new cart. It's excellent for the money.

plastic penguin said:
floyd droid said:
plastic penguin said:
I do own the previous incumbent: The 'Classic Wood', which gets little mention on here, apart from me.

I know the reason, just stating a pertinent fact. But IMO it should be on most people's list when looking for a new cart. It's excellent for the money.

Have not heard it but, as you say, it looks to be excellent value for money.

Perhaps we should start a new thread for all those unfortunate enough not to own one. :grin:

Al ears said:
plastic penguin said:
floyd droid said:
plastic penguin said:

Perhaps we should start a new thread for all those unfortunate enough not to own one. :grin:

Andybeau has one, and there's a couple of very positive threads over the years but they are thin on the ground. If you want to start a ClearAudio cart thread, be my guest. ;)

In a strange way it's good to feel one of a (very) few.

plastic penguin said:
Al ears said:
plastic penguin said:
floyd droid said:
plastic penguin said:

Andybeau has one, and there's a couple of very positive threads over the years but they are thin on the ground. If you want to start a ClearAudio cart thread, be my guest. ;)

In a strange way it's good to feel one of a (very) few.

I bet it does. Think, therefore, I'll start the Zyx R100 owner's club (Japanese imports only) thread. :grin:

floyd droid

Sep 5, 2008
Visit site
plastic penguin said:
But IMO it should be on most people's list when looking for a new cart. It's excellent for the money.

Oooh post it down to me so I can review it on my set up. Lets see if the classic wood fan has got it right.

Go on PP smile and get the joke ;).

floyd droid said:
plastic penguin said:
But IMO it should be on most people's list when looking for a new cart. It's excellent for the money.

Oooh post it down to me so I can review it on my set up. Lets see if the classic wood fan has got it right.

Go on PP smile and get the joke ;).

If you're serious then once I've nailed a new TT (with cart) I'll whizz it down to ya.

I'm always smiling thru thick 'n' thin. :)

floyd droid

Sep 5, 2008
Visit site
plastic penguin said:
If you're serious then once I've nailed a new TT (with cart) I'll whizz it down to ya.

I'm always smiling thru thick 'n' thin. :)

And if your pop rivet is up to it I will lend you a 2k+ coil to try. On the proviso if you tw*t it you pay .

stevebrock

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
plastic penguin said:
stevebrock said:
PP what TT you eyeing up!

Not at the mo. Ruled out Gyro, only because I wouldn't use it enough to justify spending that dough.

Suppose it'll be down to a better quality Pro-ject, Rega RP6 or ClearAudio (Emotion or Concept).

all good decks

stevebrock said:
plastic penguin said:
stevebrock said:
PP what TT you eyeing up!

Not at the mo. Ruled out Gyro, only because I wouldn't use it enough to justify spending that dough.

Suppose it'll be down to a better quality Pro-ject, Rega RP6 or ClearAudio (Emotion or Concept).

all good decks

They are - it'll then come down to which one I feel most comfortable with. The Rega and Pro-ject have dust covers incl in the price, which is more practical but I am tempted with a ClearAudio. Like the TB2s I purchased it'll be, possibly, a spontaneous decision.

TRENDING THREADS