Help needed for 5.1 configuration

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hello ppl,

I am newbie in the home cinema world, and I would like some help as to configure a new good system.

At the moment I only have a Samsung LED 7 Series 46" and a ps3.

What I'm looking for is a system where I can watch movies, play games and listen music (if this is possible).

I found the B&W MT-30 style speaker system to be the best so far.

When I went to the shops to get it i saw there a pair of old nautilus 805 and I was thinking if I should buy this pair and use them as front speakers, and get 3 satellites instead of 5 that the MT-30 package has.

Any suggestions + comments would be appreciated.

Thanks Mario

A

Anonymous

What's your budget?? Also it's not a good idea no mix fronts and centre speakers.

A

Anonymous

Also you need to include in your budget a amp and cables.

A

Anonymous

well my budget varies.. I would not like to go beyond 4000 euros in total, including amp, cables, installation etc...

The amps that I was proposed to go for by the shop manager were denon AVR 1611 or denon AVR 1911.

Could you explain why is a bad idea to swap the front speakers with these two? The seller told me that it will not affect in any bad way as long as they are of the same brand and of high quality as they both are..

Thanks

Well he would say that wouldn't he. He is obviously trying to get abit more money out of you.

I would stick with your original plan and forget the 805's. These are going to take more than your suggested amplifier can give, power wise.

If you do insist on going down this route I suggest you also change you centre speaker for a B&W HTM62 centre speaker to try and balance the 805's

A

Anonymous

Even though the speakers are the same brand they are a from a different range so the tonal qualities will not be the same. Thus affecting the overall balance in the system. So it's best to stick with the same for the front 3. The rears are not as important but best to stick with same brand.
As for amp choice I'm no expert but the denon 1911is a decent amp but I would look at trying to audition the onkyo txsr608 or the pioneer vsx920.
Speakers you could look at are the monitor audio bx range or the B&W 685's.
Try and get an audition of as many combos as you can to see what you like.

f1only

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
If you have 4000 euro budget i would suggest that you take a large step up from the Denon 1911, its not a bad reciever, but you would get more control with a better reciever & go for at least a Pioneer LX53 like this http://www.whathifi.com/review/pioneer-vsx-lx53 You can find them for a similar price in euros now. If you add it to a set of B&W 685's http://www.whathifi.com/review/bw-685-theatre they are a good match for the Pioneer, unless of course you fancied a small style speaker package. This should easily come in below your budget at less than 3000 euro, leaving you pleny left over for cables. Just see if you can demo anything you pick first before parting with your cash.

A

Anonymous

I think i will go with the B&W mt-30 (the whole package) along with the Onkyo TX-SR608 http://www.whathifi.com/review/onkyo-tx-sr608/specs.

The only problem is that I can't find a Onkyo store in my country (Cyprus) and in their german site in the online store it seems that this amp is not even on the products list.

Did anyone have similar issues?

Thanks

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts