Need help choose amp for dynaudio emit 30

shaolinsi

Dec 16, 2023
Visit site
I just order a pair dynaudio emit 30, its rated 4ohm Impedance with 180w power handling. Someone recommended musical fidelity m5si (150 Watts per channel into 8 Ohms) for the pair, however no stock available. What is available now is m3si (85 Watts per channel into 8 Ohms) , is this power enough to drive the emit 30? Consider my listening room is only 12 square meters. Thanks

JDL

Jun 13, 2023
Visit site
You could maybe give the Marantz Model 30 a listen.
I wouldn't bother taking much notice of YouTube though.
100 W per channel into 8 Ohms
200 W into 4 Ohms.
Someone here recently reported dissatisfaction with a PM12 SE that he'd bought. However I wouldn't let that put you off this brand.
The Model 30 as well as the PM12 SE are made in Japan with top quality components and well thought out architecture.
The Model 30, I've found to be an excellent amplifier with the added benefit of tone controls. These have to be enabled using the remote control.

Reactions: nopiano

shaolinsi

Dec 16, 2023
Visit site
You could maybe give the Marantz Model 30 a listen.
I wouldn't bother taking much notice of YouTube though.
100 W per channel into 8 Ohms
200 W into 4 Ohms.
Someone here recently reported dissatisfaction with a PM12 SE that he'd bought. However I wouldn't let that put you off this brand.
The Model 30 as well as the PM12 SE are made in Japan with top quality components and well thought out architecture.
The Model 30, I've found to be an excellent amplifier with the added benefit of tone controls. These have to be enabled using the remote control.
Yeah I saw that post too, my personal opinion is the new PM12 is not used enough so it’s still not open up. He probably should give it few weeks.
I do envy him got that old unit with such low price!
Myself do own a marantz now and love it, but I want try add something new, so unfortunately model 30 is not what I am looking for now. Thanks for your recommendations!

I just order a pair dynaudio emit 30, its rated 4ohm Impedance with 180w power handling. Someone recommended musical fidelity m5si (150 Watts per channel into 8 Ohms) for the pair, however no stock available. What is available now is m3si (85 Watts per channel into 8 Ohms) , is this power enough to drive the emit 30? Consider my listening room is only 12 square meters. Thanks
Welcome to the forum.

I have a hunch you may be confusing power handling with the matching requirements for adequate output from your speakers.

The power handling is the maximum power the speaker can tolerate without being destroyed. It is not the same as the necessary maximum output of an amplifier to make a good match in a normal room.

12 square metres is a modest space, and anything more than about 30wpc will be fine. Your speakers are slightly above average sensitivity at 88dB so will be plenty loud enough with a MF m3Si.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts