Help! My Tacima seems to have INTRODUCED noise, not removed it!

nlanks

Jun 11, 2012
Visit site
Had a big change around and rewire of my system today.

One change I did was to buy a Tacima CS929 which has all the AV stuff plugged into it (inc TV).

My Hi-Fi is all plugged into a Russ Andrews Yello 4 way extension.

Both are plugged into their own wall sockets.

So when I turned it all on I got a horrible buzz through the speakers, very audible. After a but of fiddling I found that turning the TV off almost entirely reduced it.

So I unplugged the TV from the Tacima, and plugged it into a bog standard white surge protection 6 way (again on its own wall socket), and voila, no noise when TV turned back on.

Whats my Tacima doing to introduce the interference? Or is there something else I'm missing here?

Ps Panny Plasma mains lead is one of their heavy duty locking socket jobs, with the rings around each end. Came with the TV in the box new.

nlanks

Jun 11, 2012
Visit site
Should also add that the TV is connected to the Amp through both the DVD player into line in on the amp, and through AV amp, where the pre outs are connected to another line in on the amp.

VoodooDoctor

Sep 23, 2007
Visit site
I had the same problem with a Tacima and my Samsung plasma. I fixed it with exactly the same solution after some experimentation. It wasn't generating a ground loop it seemed to be creating RF interference in my speakers. Odd.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts