Help me to make up my mind - EDIT: Message for you, Tallyho!

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I want to get a PS3 for my young son and a 2.1 or 3.1 one box DVD home cinema system for myself

I want to connect the Home Cinema system by HDMI to my 42 inc Plasma TV and plug and play the PS3 into my Home Cinema system for Blu Ray and gaming

It would be great if I could use my existing Monitor Audio BR2's with a one box system if that's at all possible

A

Anonymous

[quote user="Clare Newsome"]
As you already have a source, and a 42in TV, i'd consider something like this.

[/quote]

Thank you

Your suggestion makes quite a lot of sense and I am going to take it on board

Now to try and find where I can actually see and hear one of these beauties-My investigation will start today-unless of course you could point me in the right direction somewhere in Surrey

Thanks again

A

Anonymous

[quote user="Andrew Everard"]
Marantz dealer locator here.

[/quote]

Albania..........??? Too far to travel Andrew

Looks like a trip to Sevenoaks Hi Fi in Epsom prior to which of course I shall pop into Starbucks for a Caramel Machiatto with an extra shot............of coffee that is!

Thanks Andrew

A

Anonymous

An Interesting response from Sevenoaks Hi Fi in Epsom-They say

The Denon & Marantz soundbars (D&M are the same company and share technology) are not in our opinion the best choice in performance terms. We had them here for assessment and they made some well-known film material sound completely different than it should - levels all over the place, rear channels louder than dialogue, very strange results indeed. Further investigation showed the units weren't broken!

The only convincing soundbars are the Yamaha ones, which are remarkably good if you can't have "real" surround sound.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Very, very interesting (and certainly not our experience - though, of course, we've also rated the Yamaha YSPs very highly so far). Wonder what the politics is behind that one - i'll pass it onto Marantz and see if we can get official comment.

A

Anonymous

Very, very interesting (and certainly not our experience - though, of course, we've rated the Yamaha YSPs very highly so far). Wonder what the politics is behind that one - i'll pass it onto Marantz and see if we can get official comment.

[/quote]

Yes Clare does appear to be a rather strange assessment on both Denon and Marantz Soundbars given they do stock both manufacturers products as they obviously do Yamaha and yes I do take your point that the Yamaha YSPs are more often than rated highly

And as for any politics that may be behind their comments....this is why it's so important that you people at WHFS&V continue to do the work you all do so effectively and impartially in the advice you give consumers through your damn fine reviews in the magazine and of course via this forum

A

Anonymous

We've been contacted by the good people at Marantz who assure us that the ES7001 uses different technology to the unit our findings were based on; we made a bit of an assumption that because the sound-bar market is a niche one, the products would have some 'shared DNA' like you get with a Golf/A3/Leon. Apparently not so.

That's good to know, and we hope the customer finds a suitable product. We also look forward to assessing the ES7001 on that basis.

Reading the whole thread, we'd endorse Tallyho's wish to use his BR2s in the system, those are great loudspeakers. If someone would make a reasonably priced stereo or 2.1 AV receiver with lipsync delay, HDMI 1.3 and the new hi-res audio formats, that would be killer.

Best regards to all.

A

Anonymous

Hi There,

Paul from Marantz UK here, I'd like to arrange a demo for Tallyho at a dealer that actually has the ES7001 on display. Please provide your contact details via the contact us button so that I am able to get in touch and arrange this for you.

Thanks

Paul

A

Anonymous

Hi Tallyho,

I haven't heard from you yet, please do make contact via the contact us button so that I am able to direct you to a dealer that has the ES7001 on demo.

Best Wishes

Paul C

Marantz HiFi UK

A

Anonymous

Hi

Would love to hear the Marantz...of course I would

However if I did end up with an ES7001 I probably wouldn't be able to also keep my Monitor Audio stereo speakers as well because of space.........IHaving said that s there provison to connect these into the back of the Soundbar or would the ES7001 enthrall me too with stereo from my Marantz CD player without usuing my MA stereo speakers?

I would also hate to waste your nominated Dealer's time in letting me audition the sound bar ( and I could take along my own DENON DVD 1940 to ensure that I don't experience any lyp sync problems) and walk away without parting with £700 even if I did know it was the right product for me. I would really need to be convinced in my own mind that the ES7001was worth £700 before parting with that my hard earned cash

Having said that I guess I won't know unless I've heard it for myself and preferably also through a Samsung TV

If you would still wish to arrange an audition for me...........I'd be mad to refuse the offer.

A

Anonymous

Ok, Tallyho - i'll pass your email address onto Marantz and i'm sure they'll be in touch shortly.

[/quote]

Most grateful......Marantz have just contacted me.....great!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts