Help me choose an AV Receiver

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hello to all,

For some months I have been looking to whathifi site and this forum.

Now as Portuguese guy I need an advice from the experts over here to choose an AV receiver. For speaker I think I’m going to Wharfedale Diamonds (2 pairs of 9.0, a 9.CC and the SW150) which will cost me more or less 500€.

Now the receivers I’m looking are sony strdg820, denon avr1909 or Yamaha rx-v663(I think the same as 763 with radio tuner). The denon will cost me the same +-500€, but the sony I can get it about 400€. Since I will connect everything by HDMI (no upsampling or upscaling needed), what will I gain in sound quality by going to denon or yamaha (I prefer denon because one more HDMI input and the HDMI control) instead of going to sony?

Spending 100€ more on denon or yamaha justify better sound quality?

I have an LCD Sony 40W3000, a PS3 (for blu-ray) and satellite HD receiver (Clarke-tech HD 5000).

Thanks to all,

José

A

Anonymous

Anyone?

Has denon or yamaha better sound quality over sony 820 to justify spending 100? more?

A

Anonymous

Tough decision isnt it.
You cant get hold of the Yamaha gear at the moment. SONY STR DA2400 may also be a good choice.
Another manufacturer will probably bring out a slightly better model next month for £50 less!!
Dilema.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts