Hegel HD12 as preamp

ReneTS

Sep 12, 2015
Visit site
Has any tried using this DAC as a preamp in a setup? Is it any good, or should I just buy it as a DAC for an integrated amp?

Andrewjvt

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
ReneTS said:
Has any tried using this DAC as a preamp in a setup? Is it any good, or should I just buy it as a DAC for an integrated amp?

The standalone hd12 but ive had the h160 with a built in dac and they share similar qualities/specs.

The remote control has a volume control so you can connect any amp you like and use it as pre amp.

Im sure it will sound very good. What amp have you got?

ReneTS said:

Hi ReneTS

The HD12 is a very good pre amp too
thumbs_up.gif
I've used the HD12 with highly revealing components such as Hegel's H30, ATC's curved SCM40A and SCM100ASL Professional monitors
shades_smile.gif

What component/s were you looking at using the HD12 with please?

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

ReneTS

Sep 12, 2015
Visit site
I havent decided yet *smile* I thought of using it just as a DAC for my Audiolab 8300A. But I might use it to build a new system in my hobby room instead. I can get some good deals on a Nuforce ST 8.5V3, Densen 320+ and Naim Nap 200. But nothing is desided yet. Is there some brands Hegel gets along with particulary well?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts