Question Project combo vs Eversolo DAC Z-6?

AndersGB

Dec 26, 2023
Visit site
Hi!

How will the Project Pre Box S2 paired with a Project Head Box s2 compare to an Eversolo DAC Z-6?

I’m thinking of running it as a dac/preamp for my speakeramp, but also using it a headphone amp for my Hifiman Sundara’s.

I like the design of the Z-6, but wonder if it is better to have a standalone headphone amp with the Project combo.

Any advice will be appreciated! Thanks.

Hi!

How will the Project Pre Box S2 paired with a Project Head Box s2 compare to an Eversolo DAC Z-6?

I’m thinking of running it as a dac/preamp for my speakeramp, but also using it a headphone amp for my Hifiman Sundara’s.

I like the design of the Z-6, but wonder if it is better to have a standalone headphone amp with the Project combo.

Any advice will be appreciated! Thanks.
Probably very much of a muchness as they say.
Can that DAC adequately drive your headphones.
I would tend towards a decent headphone amp that is proven to do just that.

Jasonovich

Jul 28, 2022
Visit site
I'm running my Eversolo DAC Z8 through headphone amp SingXer SA1 class A and getting excellent results. The Z6 I believe has output gain function like it's bigger sibling, so you should be able to tweak it to get the desired outcome using the Project Pre Box 52.
My headphone like your Sundara's are from the Hifiman stable. The Edition XS are just 18 Ohms but sensitivity is 92 db. As with most planar magnet designs they're difficult to drive and if I were to use the headphone socket on my Eversolo, it drives it adequately but not hard enough. So I would recommend using a standalone headphone amp for the Sundaras.

1706017577112.png
1706017729238.png

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS