Heavy gauge wire vs Audiophile Cables

Page 6 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
With the length you are talking about, things can get very expensive, very quickly. So my advice would be to get some Van Damme UP LC-OFC. Leave this in your system long enough to get very familiar with it, and if down the road you want to try something different, it can be borrowed from a dealer to try. The VD will make a good benchmark.

I've seen big discounts on long lengths of ex-dem expensive cable (eg. Cardas, Atlas etc), when it's time to replace it with the newest thing to come along.

shafesk

Sep 18, 2010
Visit site
Thank you for your suggestions, Cno and Major, Paul and everyone else. Apologies for the late reply as I have had a busy week, I will have a dig around the internet and comment again

shafesk

Sep 18, 2010
Visit site
the record spot said:
shafesk said:
It would also be great if anyone could tell me if they switched from expensive cables to hardware store ones.

Yes, as mentioned earlier, I did exactly this with my gear. At the last count, it's a bit of a mix and match with some Atlas Navigators at one end of the spectrum and an HDMI cable that cost £7. Tesco own brand. Currently watching a movie Netflix via the latest Apple TV.
Well I'm not crazy enough to believe that HDMI cables make a difference but then again I haven't used an expensive one....the cheap ones do fine. The only difference is some of the really cheap ones don't bend as much and don't last very long as far as my experience is concerned. Got the new Apple TV too, amazing! The cheapest good streamer of them all, although there is a slight sacrifice in sound quality compared to a direct connection.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts