Nothing bad happened..

kramer2020

Apr 18, 2020
Visit site
Ask yourself how did I get here?.. :cool:

Well it all started with a desire to upgrade my Wharfedale Diamond 230's to something more compact and 'better' sounding.

Initially I was thinking about some standmounts whilst all the time knowing I preferred floorstanders and after some research I went for some Dali Oberon 5's

Those who have been following my recent threads know that I quickly fell out of love with Dali's and are currently awaiting a DPD collection.

Prior to the Dali's arriving I needed some new cables to replace my Fisual Bi wire cables and decided that my first audiophile(ish) speakers deserved some QED XT40i cables. Whilst waiting for delivery I connected the QED cables to the Wharfedales (with original jumper plates)

The Wharfies sounded pretty good and probably another the reason the Dali's didn't get any love. So now I thought jumper plates really? If nothing else they're not aesthetically pleasing so enter my DIY jumper cable bodge. At the moment to my ears the haven't degraded anything, although I think the upper mids and treble are slightly clearer.

I'm planning on upgrading to some pre terminated jumper cables, possibly some matching QED XT40i and perhaps I'll do an plates v cable video..

IMG_20220511_154446566_1.jpg

Tinman1952

I got these off eBay for my Wharfedale Denton 80 speakers. Excellent for £10.95 👍

He also does the XT 40i for £19.95 🙂

Reactions: Al ears
Ask yourself how did I get here?.. :cool:

Well it all started with a desire to upgrade my Wharfedale Diamond 230's to something more compact and 'better' sounding.

Initially I was thinking about some standmounts whilst all the time knowing I preferred floorstanders and after some research I went for some Dali Oberon 5's

Those who have been following my recent threads know that I quickly fell out of love with Dali's and are currently awaiting a DPD collection.

Prior to the Dali's arriving I needed some new cables to replace my Fisual Bi wire cables and decided that my first audiophile(ish) speakers deserved some QED XT40i cables. Whilst waiting for delivery I connected the QED cables to the Wharfedales (with original jumper plates)

The Wharfies sounded pretty good and probably another the reason the Dali's didn't get any love. So now I thought jumper plates really? If nothing else they're not aesthetically pleasing so enter my DIY jumper cable bodge. At the moment to my ears the haven't degraded anything, although I think the upper mids and treble are slightly clearer.

I'm planning on upgrading to some pre terminated jumper cables, possibly some matching QED XT40i and perhaps I'll do an plates v cable video..

View attachment 3545
good idea, but I'll pass on the video.....

D

Deleted member 160668

I've previously bought the XT jumpers above for £11. I bought them and added them to my PMC's, pre-sale, so I could then sell the Tellurium Q ones I used on the PMC's separately (which sold for £50), meaning I got more cash overall. The XT jumpers are well made and great value at that cost.

You already have speaker cable jumpers. BTW terminated speaker cable jumpers will make no difference.

As for a video of links Vs jumpers. I'll pass thanks, but enjoy your 'tweaking'.

IMO a much better use of time is to have a good play with speaker positioning - I mean a really good play - work out where in your room you eek out 100% of the possible performance from your speakers. This will likely give you a much better performance boost then changing your jumpers.

Reactions: Tinman1952

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts