Headphones for classical

idc

I would go with AKG, but my K44s are way under budget and K702s way over budget. AKG do detail and the open backed ones have wide sound stages, which tends to suit classical. I mainly listen to prog rock, which like classical has multi-instrument complex compositions or an emphasis on musicianship.

matthewpiano

I swear by Beyer Dynamic for classical music. They are absolutely superb - detailed, involving, and an excellent grasp of tonality. My DT770PRO leave the Sennheiser HD595s standing in this respect and the closed back design helps to block out unwanted ambient noise.

bemahler1

Jan 30, 2009
Visit site
You can only order them from the Alessandro web site, which is in America. After ordering they take between 7-10 days to arrive. They cost less than the Grado 60's and yet the sound is simply fantasic.

bemahler1

Jan 30, 2009
Visit site
Without a shadow of a doubt they would be the answer to listening to classsical music. I have a pair of Senn's 580's, Gardo 60's and neither come close to enjoying classical music as much as the Alessandro's do.

cse

Mar 3, 2008
Visit site
I'm thinking of ordering the Allesandro's. Did you order the $99 pair, or th $109 2009 version. Also, can I check, you are using these with a proper HIFI and not an ipod aren't you?

bemahler1

Jan 30, 2009
Visit site
I have the $99 pair and use them through my cambridge amp with a QED headphone amp. As I said the sound is first class for all types of music that I listen to, mainly classical,jazz and easy listening and if you are going to listen to classical they will fit the bill perfectly, best $99 I ever spent.

TRENDING THREADS