Headphone purchase

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
[size=3>[font="Times New Roman"] [/font][/size=3>[font]

I am currently using phones to listen to my IPOD a 60gb classic with mainly apple lossless files. I like a varied choice of rock, blues, folk etc, currently listening to Stephen dale Petit and Joe Bonamassa amongst others.

I have been looking at the Klipsch X10’s or maybe the senn X8. but you cant try before you buy and it’s a big pay out. Might even look at the bose quiet comfort. But for such a lot of cash how do I know what to go for? Is there any way to try these out anywhere –I’m in Glasgow.

Once the portable stuff is sorted I want to look at main system phones I use a rotel 04 and a marantz 6003 would the AKG 701’s or the Grado 325’s go best.

Thanks

catnap

Andy Clough

Apr 27, 2004
Visit site
Admittedly it's hard to try before you buy, although most Apple Stores do have a selection of headphones on display that you can try out. As for which to buy, check out our Best Buys for some ideas.

RobGardner

Jul 22, 2008
Visit site
If you can afford it the Klipsch Image/ Image x10 (same phones different packaging) is a great headphone. I got mine (Klipsch Image) for £99 at an end of line HMV sale in Truro so it's worth shopping around. The sound quality is detailed and open. The music doesn't sound as though its only in your head. They are light and easy to wear, all though you do have to fit them a long way into your ears.No drumming sound up the cable when you walk. You really will forget that you have anything in your ears. Mine are not yet fully run in (only 2 hours use so far) but they are certainly more comfortable than my Shure SCL4s. The light build feel of the Klipsch phones is quite disconcerting after the robustness of my Shure phones but the musical presentation more than makes up for it. There is a massive difference between the headphones that I have previously used and both the Shures and Klipsh phones. If you are into hifi sound then jump in and buy either, you will wonder how you ever managed without them. It was only because I could that I bought both sets of phones. The Shures have not missed a beat over the 18 months of heavy use that I have given them, I can't tell you how well the Klipsch phones will fare. Both phones sound better than my Sennheiser PX300 noise cancelling phones and the Shures (the only pair I have used so far in a plane) certainly cut out much more background noise than the sennheisers. This means you don't have to have the iPod at full blast just to hear the music and all of the hearing damage that comes with it. In my opinion if you've got a modestly priced stereo you will hear a massive improvement in the recording quality of the same track (even using compressed files) when played on your iPod with the Klipsch phones. If I lost both sets of phones I would replace the klipschs first. Sometimes you've just got to jump in! (I probably don't need to say this, but I wouldn't have a problem telling you if they really weren't any good. I made the mistake of buying a Wadia iDock....................)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts