hdmi chord or qed

jokerpaulonline

Sep 16, 2009
Visit site
Is there much difference in quality, in a 1 metre hdmi cable between a normal cheap cable and an expensive cable, in both area's, sound and vision?

If so, what is suposed to be better, chord or qed, or are there any better cables out there?

scene

Splash out £5 on a ThatCable HDMI - they're superb, then trial a £50-60 chord next to it - if its 10x better (maybe even 5x better) in your opinion go for it and you've only wasted £5....

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
Keep your eyes open for end-of-line deals. I managed to get a few QED HDMI-P cables (1m) for about £18 each a couple of years ago.

And this was a 5 star rated cable at £50.

jokerpaulonline

Sep 16, 2009
Visit site
scene:Splash out £5 on a ThatCable HDMI - they're superb, then trial a £50-60 chord next to it - if its 10x better (maybe even 5x better) in your opinion go for it and you've only wasted £5....

To tell if there is any difference in picture, I would need to buy 2 hdmi cables, 1 from the bd player to the av, then one from the av to the tv. but I would only need 1 to see if there is any difference in sound, from bd player to the av. In your experence is there that much difference in the quailty in sound?

Then take the qed cables, you get the entry level and the top of the range level, is there really that much difference in quality to warrant spending that much more money.

I will need 3 hdmi cables all at short lengths

A

Anonymous

+ 1 on the THATCABLE

Amzing build, amazing quality, great customer service service.

I have all my stuff connected.

A

Anonymous

I have used a range of HDMI leads and have found varied results.

THATCABLE HDMI cables are ok, not bad for a fiver. But the CHORD and QED are better, especially with sound.

Are you a magazine subscriber? If not take advantage of the free Chord HDMI cable with a subscription and its cheaper than the cable on its own. Plus you get 13 issues of my bedtime bible ;)

bigdigger

Sep 26, 2008
Visit site
Tesco extras selling 2m qed hdmi-p for £20 and 1m for £15. I bought 3, thought the picture was much cleaner when using play tv on PS3. I also have the chord active hdmi courtesy of WHF subscription. very impressive too.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts