HD TV settings on Panasonic 42PZ85

Garth Man

Dec 1, 2008
Visit site
Hello

My brother and Mother!!! were both wigging me on Planet Earth on BBC HD on Saturday

I was using Cinema Mode. 60-70% Contrast, 45-55% Brightness, 40-50% Colour with Warm setting and other settings turned off

They were more impressed with Dynamic Mode with 100% Contrast, 50% Brightness, 50% Colour and Normal Setting

They said that the Mode I had was grey, dull and dark.

Admitingly I did agree but found the other setting way to bright, though it did show the blue in the ice caps in picture!!

I have followed all the optimisers etc., and I know its a preference to what you have it configured and prefer.

Any other Plasma users particulary Panasonic, share what settings they have for Film, and TV please

Many thanks

Garreth

digigriffin

Sep 25, 2008
Visit site
I have had 3 Panasonic Plasmas and IMHO they dynamic mode should be avoided.
Way to bright and garish, I always thought this was for shop display where this mode is always enabled?

I tend to find that some people like a really warm/bright picture (colour balance what balance) which was how they used set their CRT TV.
Whilst I do personally prefer a brighter picture this can be done ensuring any power saving mode is off as I have found that this may impact the general brightness.
I then usually increase the contrast to maybe 75% and that should make things a bit brighter.

A

Anonymous

for the most lifelike picture i find the cinema setting the best , good for revealing detail in dark scenes too , it can look a little dull though , especially in the daytime , then i just turn up the contrast a little , looks punchier , for a slight loss of shadow detail , how anyone can want to use the dynamic setting i dont know , i suppose if someone was used to a bright lcd , and then seen your tv on , cinema , they may find it underwhelming , but once you adjust to it , its a much more realistic picture in my opinion ...

A

Anonymous

emotion-21.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts