New TV , cannot get the colours right

idc

Our Samsung TV went, a black line across the middle. I cannot remember the model, TU something, it was about 5 years old, but we were happy with the picture. It looked good whether we were watching the latest on an HD channel or a repeat from the 1980s.

I got a Samsung QE43 Q65T and I cannot get the colours right. I have watched various videos on settings and have gone with movie and adjusted brightness, sharpness, colour etc to what is not too bad for HD channel programmes, but it looks terrible for anything older. The primary colours look too bright, almost hi viz and each colour looks the same, so all blues, all reds, all yellows, all greens look the same, there is no tonal difference between them. So a blue jacket looks the same as the blue car and anything else that is blue.

We are happy with the rest of the picture (especially dark scenes which have lost the bloom the old TV had) it is just the colour.

Is there a picture adjustment I am missing or is it modern TVs make older programmes look terrible?

Reactions: Tonestar1

idc

I have not added anything to the blog for years, I did all the hifi stuff in 2011-12, here;

that is the main part on hifi, with a couple more from 2012. Gosh, how time flies.

Reactions: bigboss and Al ears

TRENDING THREADS