HD sound through analouge inputs

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Just wondered when setting the blu ray player s audio setting s should they be set to pcm to enable me to get hd sound through a 5.1 analouge setup having a mental block today any advise from any one ?

A

Anonymous

well should they be set to bit stream or pcm for sound quality ?

A

Anonymous

ah yes just needed to clear that up thats very helpful thank you very much . So because i have to use analouge s do I still experience hd sound say as appose to using a hdmi cable for sound ?

A

Anonymous

spot on very helpful thanks
emotion-2.gif

fayeanddavid

May 27, 2009
Visit site
quincy:ah yes just needed to clear that up thats very helpful thank you very much . So because i have to use analouge s do I still experience hd sound say as appose to using a hdmi cable for sound ?

My understanding is that the decoding is completed on board the BluRay player, and is available as a 5.1 channel output similar to what happens within your receiver, thus the receiver input and output is basically for volume control only of the output from the Blu Ray player

That's why it is important to follow the set up instructions with the Blu Ray player for LFE set up and speaker distances as the AV receiver has no effect on these.

Hope this helps

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Depends whether the receiver has multichannel bypass straight to the volume control and thus to the power amp sections, or reconverts the incoming multichannel analogue to digital and runs it through the same processing as everything else.

A

Anonymous

Samsung recommend setting to pcm when using the analog outs.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts