HD Picture quality

northantsbloke34

Aug 19, 2007
Visit site
Ive recently viewed some sky HD broadcasts (on one of their sales stands) and I have to say they picture looks alot sharper than Virgin.(I have virgin tivo). Is this the case or are my eyes playing tricks on me? When watching bbc HD on virgin it doesn't look alot better than bbc1. I have a Panasonic 50" and sit about 9 ft away.

Howard

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
Interesting, a lot of stuff on BBCHD and BBC1HD on Sky recently has had me checking whether or not I'm on the HD channel, it doesn't seem to stand out at all, especially compared with the Sports channels and particularly Eurosport HD.

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
Most of what I watch on BBC HD usually looks stunning. There coverage of the last World Cup showed the difference in quality between BBC and UTV HD channels. The BBC were far superior.

northantsbloke34

Aug 19, 2007
Visit site
This may sound like a silly question so feel free to say so! lol

Has virgin's cabling improved over the last 10 years? What I mean is that my cable was installed on 2001, so would someone who had it installed today have a better , improved cable from road to the house than when when mine was put in? Would this improve the picture quality?

Howard

Patrick Riggs

Dec 6, 2008
Visit site
I definitely notice the difference with BBC HD channels, Channel 4 HD and for that matter stuff recorded off Sky1 HD- so much so I avoid recording SD channels now if I can, so stark is the difference. However, my V+ box is suffering from recording 2 HD channels simultaneously whilst watching a third HD channel so am getting Virgin to replace it tomorrow with a new one...

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts