Having trouble with emailing...

...pictures and text. The text is in normal case size and I've attached pictures but it's coming up as 'Your message wasn't delivered to anyone as it is too large. The message is 35MB. Your message is 41MB.

Are they referring to the pictures or text?

Windows Vista and email is Outlook.

Please help.

RobinKidderminster

May 27, 2009
Visit site
Plenty of free photo apps where the size can be reduced. Then resave and repost. Maybe 20mb limit? If there are several photos then post them separately. The text is likely to be tiny compared to the photo even if its a book!

spiny norman

Jan 14, 2009
Visit site
plastic penguin said:
Can't anywhere to resize. I've looked on the online tutorials and they say bring up image and click on file. There's a section for resizing picture. Not on my Vista.

Sign up for Dropbox, which is free with up to 16GB of storage, and send them that way. You upload them, share them and the recipient gets sent a download link.

MajorFubar

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
Surely there's an program built in, like Preview on the Mac, which allows you to resize images? Sorry not trying to sound condascending in any way but I'm unfamiliar with Windows other than the cut-down locked-down Enterprise version at work which has nothing but the bare-bones needed to do our jobs. But surely there must be?

spiny norman said:
plastic penguin said:
Can't anywhere to resize. I've looked on the online tutorials and they say bring up image and click on file. There's a section for resizing picture. Not on my Vista.

Sign up for Dropbox, which is free with up to 16GB of storage, and send them that way. You upload them, share them and the recipient gets sent a download link.

Thanks SN - I'll give that go tomorrow.

MajorFubar said:
Surely there's an program built in, like Preview on the Mac, which allows you to resize images? Sorry not trying to sound condascending in any way but I'm unfamiliar with Windows other than the cut-down locked-down Enterprise version at work which has nothing but the bare-bones needed to do our jobs. But surely there must be?

Agreed - seems bonkers to me that modern piece technology can't resize or edit images.

MrTeroo

BANNED
Jul 14, 2015
Visit site
Try Picasa

https://picasa.google.co.uk/

It will catalogue all your photos, display them in a nice way, very useful programme.

you can email photos from Picasa and it will resize them automatically for you.

MrTeroo

BANNED
Jul 14, 2015
Visit site
bigboss said:
The easiest thing you can do is, right click on the picture file and select "open with", then choose paint. Once the picture is opened in paint, simply save it again. File size is automatically reduced.

No, the easiest thing you can do is install Picasa and then email the photos from within Picasa.

They will all be resized for email automatically. No 'open with' one by one. No 'what size should they be?' No duplicate files. No danger of turning an important hi-res photo into a crappy low-res version by saving over it.

And as an added bonus you get a great programme to view and edit your photos with for free.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts