Having problems debunging the C320!

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I thought I would be helpful to my brother and give him my old banana plugs as opoosed to bare wire. I checked the speakers...great already debunged and then I came to the NAD C320 amplifier and realised it wasn't, no problem I thought but having looked at the terminals, the bungs even when terminals are fixed tight, is not near enough to prise out, they are a little pushed back, any ideas what I can use?

Alec

Oct 8, 2007
Visit site
hi fi newbie:

I thought I would be helpful to my brother and give him my old banana plugs as opoosed to bare wire. I checked the speakers...great already debunged and then I came to the NAD C320 amplifier and realised it wasn't, no problem I thought but having looked at the terminals, the bungs even when terminals are fixed tight, is not near enough to prise out, they are a little pushed back, any ideas what I can use?

Think i used a standard table knife and brute force and ignorance.

Or pliers?

A

Anonymous

Lol brute force and ignorance, I like it, yeah might have to try pliers, a standard table knife doesn't seem to be getting me anywhere.

A

Anonymous

I have never come across an amp terminal which you can fully screw off, this locks when you have loosened it x amount

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
hi fi newbie:I have never come across an amp terminal which you can fully screw off, this locks when you have loosened it x amount

Ok. Never had to do it myself. Never come across those 'bungs' you speak of..

A

Anonymous

Can't remember exactly, but I think I screwed in the plastic bushings completely which revealed enough of the bungs to get them out.

A

Anonymous

If it's anything like the C320BEE, only a few hours ago I took out the covers for the banana plugs so I could demo some new speakers
emotion-5.gif

I screwed in the terminals until they stopped. On the screw terminal plastic bits (what you grip), there is like a cross section so looking side on, there are 4 points where you can see slightly behind the cover. I used a very small flat screw driver to get behind the cover and push it out.

Hope that helps!

TRENDING THREADS