Harbeth P3ESR vs. Sonus Faber Liuto Monitor

siudai8888

Sep 7, 2014
Visit site
Just trying my luck here - has anyone compared Harbeth P3ESR and the Sonus Faber Liuto Monitor? Any comments on which is better for listening to classical music (chambers and orchestral works - sometimes heavy). Thanks!

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
In the absence of someone who has compared both, I would expect the Harbeths to be faster, tighter and livelier; while the SFs would be a little darker with more bass. The SFs will probably need more room to breathe, being a ported design.

matt49

Apr 7, 2013
Visit site
I haven't heard the Liutos, so I can't really help.

I have done a direct comparison of the Harbeth SHL5s with the SF Cremona Auditor Ms (which are rather more expensive than the Liutos). I like the Harbeths very much. They're wonderful with voices, and they have a lovely airy quality. However, I found the Cremonas had more punch and a more consistent quality when driven hard.

Cno is right to say that the SFs need a certain amount of space, if the bass port isn't to cause problems.

Matt

davedotco

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
All I can say is that the Luito models are somewhat more 'old school' than the newer models at the lower price points and respond well across a wide range of music.

A new pair, with stands at that price is something of a steal......., assuming you have/can afford suitable amplification that is.

TRENDING THREADS