Grrrrrrrr grumpy neighbour who hates my noise

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Martin100

Jan 15, 2009
Visit site
Well really easy to do, 4x2 timber, 4" against the wall spaced out so you can screw the bored to the timber at the joints and another in the center top to bottom and one top and bottom going across the bored. Infill the grid patten with sound proof agent, not loft insulation!!!!! cover whole grid with 12.5mm plaster bored. Local plasterer in, let dry and paint as ness. Job done. Cost as per size of your room, via Wicks internet page.

Martin
emotion-1.gif

A

Anonymous

Hmm might not b so easy my wall has a chimney(not in use but it sticks out an i also have an alcove on the wall to so it might b a bit of hassles considering the shape

A

Anonymous

Arf69:

Hmm might not b so easy my wall has a chimney(not in use but it sticks out an i also have an alcove on the wall to so it might b a bit of hassles considering the shape

I also suffered from a complaining neighbour.

My new neighbour is more understanding.

You could try isolating direct transmission routes, lifting the sub of the floor, more carpet and additional boarding. But, generally low freq is very difficult to stop, higher frequencies could be attenuated by rugs on the walls.

Plaster board walls can act as resonant panels and there are as other posters mention, ways to reduce this through the addition of loaded stud walls.

But, the floor is connected to the walls by joists into partition walls and this are difficult to isolate.

TRENDING THREADS