Great sounding new releases (LPs)

Arsenio Erico

Jun 28, 2020
Visit site
Hello everybody!
I thought I'd find a similar thread to this in the forum but didn't. So, I thought maybe it could help us to suggest whatever new releases are out there which has a great mix, master, dynamics, etc. that make them sound great in LP format.
Great: sound quality that makes justice to the "vinyl sounds better" expression, often found in all time classics (dire straits, steely dan, pink floyd, jazz masters, etc.)
New: dunno really. Maybe 2010 and up?
Would you kindly let us know about your suggestions, regardless of music genre? Hope this turns out fun!
Tks and I hope you're all doing great.

D

Deleted member 116933

Robert glasper, covered sounds pretty good.

Sound city real to reel. Out of print but can be still found in a few places.

Freya ridings self titled

These are couple of my favs.

Reactions: Arsenio Erico

Tinman1952

sound quality that makes justice to the "vinyl sounds better" expression
Well whether it sounds ‘better’ is a personal opinion. It sounds different yes….especially if you like surface noise, wow and flutter and clicks.
Sound quality comes from the mix and skill of the sound engineer/producer not the vinyl format itself. Especially these days when music is recorded digitally!
I’ve no problem with people who like vinyl. It is an absorbing exercise in nostalgia for many and they enjoy the vinyl playing ‘ritual’. But to say the sound is essentially better is rather pointless.
I spent my youth playing LPs and I would never endure that these days…..
YMMV….

Oxfordian

Well whether it sounds ‘better’ is a personal opinion. It sounds different yes….especially if you like surface noise, wow and flutter and clicks.
Sound quality comes from the mix and skill of the sound engineer/producer not the vinyl format itself. Especially these days when music is recorded digitally!
I’ve no problem with people who like vinyl. It is an absorbing exercise in nostalgia for many and they enjoy the vinyl playing ‘ritual’. But to say the sound is essentially better is rather pointless.
I spent my youth playing LPs and I would never endure that these days…..
YMMV….

I would rather listen to music via LP’s or CD’s than via streaming, for me the interaction of having to select from your collection the music, set the player up before relaxing into your favourite chair is the way I choose to listen to my music.

Streaming is to me a cold process, there is no involvement, you can even do it by telling your home assistant to play …….

Please don’t get me wrong I am not anti streaming, it has its uses, working on some legal papers yesterday I had some ‘dad rock’ being streamed whilst I worked, I also use it to determine if an album that has been suggested to me is worth picking up, but at the moment streaming for me is a bit like radio but without the inane jabbering of the DJ, (Simon Mayo and Ken Bruce excluded).

As for pops, clicks and other assorted noises from LP’s, give your records a damn good clean with some proper cleaning fluid and a record cleaner, pack away in anti static sleeves, seal with a good outer cover and you’ll be surprised just how quiet an LP can be.

Oh, one final thing, buying LP’s and CD’s puts money back in the hands of the artists, they get less than sod all from streaming.

Whatever you choose as your source, the main thing is to enjoy your music.

Oxfordian

Just arrived through the mail is the Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young Special Edition of Deja Vu, looking forward to listening to this tonight. Loved the album years ago but never bought it, so grabbed the chance to get this new version.

Yep, it’s a good one, a superb listen.

Last edited:
Reactions: Al ears

skinnypuppy71

Aug 10, 2021
Visit site
Black Country New Road " ants from up there"
Absolute superb (sounding) album with the deluxe cd edition scoring a 18 dr via roon, I can only imagine what my deluxe edition on vinyl sounds like, don't have a turntable atm.lol...oh and did I mention it was recorded in analogue.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts