Got Rega RS 5, what next?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi everyone,

So, as subject say i have brand new rega rs5. I know there was few threads about it already but still havnt got help i need from them.

Im looking for AMP and CDP. Was thinking about Apollo cdp and Roksan k2 amp. I dont have much experience in audio makes and models and in sound quality they produce, so would be very greatful if anyone can put me on the write direction.

I like most of the time electronic sound, from ambient to trance and old school DnB with nice deep bass. As well as easy listening with smooth vocal.

Sorry for any typo i made but im native Lithuanian :)

A

Anonymous

Yeah so its all from the very begining, then wires, DAC, maybe sub?

If you could help me out here all along the way.

VinylRush

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
If it was me I would get the new Apollo R and a Rega Mira (Brio-R has no sub out as far as I can tell, although you could get a Rel sub woofer to work with it).

That would be one sweet system.

A

Anonymous

VinylRush said:
If it was me I would get the new Apollo R and a Rega Mira (Brio-R has no sub out as far as I can tell, although you could get a Rel sub woofer to work with it).

IS there alot of the difference between Apollo and new Apollo R?

And with amp did you mean by Rega Mira 3 integrated ampifier?

I was thinking about Nait5i as read it has abit more ''controled'' sound. Whats is the main differences?

A

Anonymous

And yes sometimes i will want it loud and bassie, and sometimes i will want to enjoy something like ''Autechre'' or ''Boards of canada'' ect.. :boohoo:

VinylRush

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
The new apollo uses an upgraded dac chip also found In the Rega Dac. Plus it has many other refinements found its flagship Isis cd player. Looks liike a nice upgrade over the Apollo.

If Nait is what your after I've heard naim amplification and Rega speakers works really well together. Some guy I bought my RS3 speakers off had Naim amplification and was very pleased with the combo.

icanc said:
VinylRush said:

IS there alot of the difference between Apollo and new Apollo R?

And with amp did you mean by Rega Mira 3 integrated ampifier?

I was thinking about Nait5i as read it has abit more ''controled'' sound. Whats is the main differences?

A

Anonymous

The thing is i dont know what im after, thats why all this threat is all about :)

A

Anonymous

My advise to you: get a second hand rega dac and a second hand rega Brio-R.

You'll either enjoy them immensely, and will have saved yourself some money. Or not liked them too much, in which case you won't loose too much money when you resell them.

At which point, you can also sell the Rega RS5s. Seriously. They go best with their own gear. You'll be missing out on a lot if you try doing mix and match, specially if you're just starting out.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts