GOT 684 B&WS AND ARCAM A18 GOOD SPEAKER CABLES AND A POOR CD PLAYER AND A POOR INTERCONNECTER ............

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
and for SOME REASON ITS CRACKLES AND SLIGHTLY DISTORTS WHEN I TURN IT UP is tht because of the crappy cd player and interconnector ????????????????? sure it sounded better in store but it had a better cd and inter connecter

A

Anonymous

its a technics one about 100 quid years ago nothing special

matthewpiano

So probably something like an SLP-G3 or SLP-G340A then. To be honest, its nowhere near good enough for your amp and speakers and I'd be very careful if you're getting distortion. It could damage your new speakers. What are the chances of getting a new CD player? If funds are tight I'd suggest looking for a good used CD73 or even a well looked after Arcam Alpha 7, 8, or 9.

A

Anonymous

yeah its a slpg 490 or something like that so and a 15 quid connector so thats why its slightly distorting or some tunes its not on all or its the bass slightly...it wouldnt because my cds arent great recordings ?? i was just bidding on a cd73 they ok are they ?? thanks for your help as well

A

Anonymous

excellent so you think thats why im getting slight distortion at high volume levels ??

matthewpiano

It could certainly be contributing. They were never particularly good CD players to be honest. By high levels, how high do you mean, and what sort of music are you playing? Thinking of the volume control as a clock, where do you have it set at?

A

Anonymous

well on arcam it has numbers to register volume and 72being the loudest i have it around 53-62 so over half way easily and its just i swear when i demoed it i turned it up that high and it didnt distort so thats why im assuming it is the cd player and interconnector and the music im playing is underground hiphop the recordings arent amazing but im sure they werent that bad ?

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
tommy2shoes:well on arcam it has numbers to register volume and 72being the loudest i have it around 53-62 so over half way easily and its just i swear when i demoed it i turned it up that high and it didnt distort so thats why im assuming it is the cd player and interconnector and the music im playing is underground hiphop the recordings arent amazing but im sure they werent that bad ?

That's loud! I reckon it's your cd player.

A

Anonymous

such a relief i thought it might be but wasnt sure i love my music loud with lots of bass so the B&W and arcam are good together but i would like a little more bass if im honest im hoping that will come when i get my new cd player, thts the reason i went for the arcam a18 over the naim nait 5i and the kandy mklll they both werent that bassy and had no tone controls like the arcam so im very happy with it and when i get a decent interconnector (i like warm sound so i thought cobra any other suggestions welcome!!! ) it will sound much better .Ps thanks for the replies

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts