Good source for custom CD/DVD storage

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Just thought I'd pass on some details of a really good manufacturer of custom-built CD/DVD storage.

A couple of months ago I was looking for a storage unit for my collection of DVDs and CDs (anyone who has been collecting either for any length of time will know how quickly the quantities build up).

We discounted all of the available “chest of drawer”-type units on the grounds of size and looks – the drawers were too shallow or too deep, or the units just too big and bulky.

But a company down on the south coast called Paul Smith Furniture came to the rescue.

The unit needed to sit behind a sofa and not be any higher than the back of the sofa. Using a style of furniture I already have I calculated that any unit needed to be able to house three DVD’s along the drawers or two across – this fitted well with the height, so we asked for it to be three drawers high and two wide (see picture).

The rest was easy, a visit to the works showed that they were eminently capable and after a drawing and the dimensions were sent to them and conversations were had, they quoted £600, which looking around seemed a very good price considering they were also making the unit to match an existing sideboard.

When they delivered the finished unit some eight weeks later I was very, very pleased, I can now easily find just the DVD or CD I am looking for – the unit holds 135 DVDs and 297 CDs – and the room looks so much tidier.

gpi

Mar 29, 2008
Visit site
Very nice piece of furniture. How much capacity do you have left? I invariably find whatever storage unit I choose, it quickly gets filled up and another needs to added. Many units in Ikea can be used for vinyl LPs and even as component racks, but obviously not of this quality.

TRENDING THREADS