Good deal on these used Dyns, but...

jaxwired

Feb 7, 2009
Visit site
pd_dynaudio_countours1.4_200106.jpg

Good used price on these: http://www.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/cls.pl?spkrmoni&1256583558&/Dynaudio-Contour-S-1.4-cherry-

But, I'm holding out for the MA RX6 release and reviews. Even though the Dyns are considered to be in a higher league, I've got a soft spot for the MA Silver line.

silverrx6.jpg

Craig M.

Mar 20, 2008
Visit site
no.
emotion-1.gif
i had the dyn's on home dem before i got the atc's. great speakers, albeit in a full blooded, party on sorta fashion. need a pretty big room though. thinking of maybe increasing the atc love by getting their integrated amp.
emotion-19.gif

A

Anonymous

Jax,

Second time they've been offered this month by the same seller.

First time they went up they were marked as sold in a day but the listing remained up -- I guess the sell did not go through -- Great price, worth asking about the previous No Sale though, and make the usual checks.

jaxwired

Feb 7, 2009
Visit site
Having owned all 3, spendor, dyns, and MAs, I'd have to disagree. All 3 sound pretty different to me. The spendors are amazingly accurate. I've never heard acoustic guitar or piano sound more like the real instruments. I was never happy with the bass on them though. They could definately produce plenty of bass, but they always seemed unbalanced to me, like the bass volume was a smidge low compared to highs and mids.

The Dyns also sound accurate to me, but not as pristine as the spendors. Also, the Excites I now own have slighly less high end sparkle. However, the bass is very nice and full and much more to my liking. The great thing about my dyns is you can crank them to loud levels without any harshness.

The MA RS6s I owned were just plain fun. Big raucous sound to them. The bass is massive, but still controlled. The highs have lots of detail and spark, but without sibilance. However, the mids are the weak link and hence voices do not have the same "in the house" sound of the dyns and spendors. Really a different league in this department. Side by side comparison makes the deficiency rather obvious.

So, while I'd really like to see what these Contour S1.4s have to offer, I'm holding out to see how good the new RX6 will be over it's predecessor. They look very promising. For one thing, the bass and mid drivers are slightly smaller. This should be a positive improvement since the out going RS6 could stand to ease up on the bass. The drivers in general appear to be of a higher quality and more in line with the gold series which may well result in improving the mid-range, the one weak spot in the RS6s. The fit and finish looks fantastic. I never really liked the grills on the RS models, and the new RX models appear to use new magnetic grills. Another improvement. So, I'm waiting...

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts