Goldring GX200 earphones offer

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi

Anyone else take up this offer, and have you received them yet?

I subscribed on the 6th October, and the direct debit went out of account on the 25th.

The mag arrived a couple of weeks ago, (made good use already, and went for their recommendation of the 37” Panasonic) but still no earphones.

I don’t want to start phoning them yet, as it did say could be a few weeks after the direct debit went out before I received them.

Just a bit worried I’ve been missed.

Mike

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Hi Mike,

Sure you haven't been missed - I know that more than 1000 people took up the offer, so we're keeping Goldring very busy...

I'll get Mark from our subs department to come along with an update.

A

Anonymous

Dear Mike and any other new subscribers waiting for the Goldring GX200 headphones.

We had over 1,000 orders for this promotion, which means there will be slight delay in receiving your headphones, but I have been assured by our suppliers these will reach everyone by mid December.

Thanks for your patience on this and I hope you continue to enjoy receiving every issues of What Hi-Fi? Sound and Vision delivered direct to your door.

Mark

A

Anonymous

I received the Goldring DR50 gigantic headphones, so I called customer services and was told to send them back and they will send me the GX200s.

A

Anonymous

Having been an avid reader of What Hi Fi Sound & Vision for the past 15 Months, I thought I would take out a subscription due to the promotion of the Goldring GX200 Headphones. So I phoned and subscribed on the 17th October. The First payment was taken from my Bank account on the 30th October. In My confirmation letter, I was told that the 1st issue I would receive would be Decembers, which came out on the Thursday 15th and was expecting the magazine that day (how silly of me). I phoned and was told that they would send me out another copy, that I should be getting the Goldring headphones by the end of the month, within the 28 days recommended period. A week has passed and still no magazine or headphones, again I find myself wasting my precious time, having to phone up "again" to find out what is happening with my subscription (that has already been paid for) only to be told that it has not been resent and that the Headphones will not be arriving to them (what Hi Fi), until the middle of December. I was given the option to have the magazine sent out again or a month put on to my existing subscription. In fairness to the lady I spoke too today she was very helpful. But as for the rest what a complete and utter shambles this has turned out to be. How can you offer a promotion and not be prepared for the response you receive. I won't be holding my breath that I will receive either the magazine or the headphones anytime this year. Very disgruntled customer Rob McCarthy

A

Anonymous

[quote user="bigupmark"]
We had over 1,000 orders for this promotion, which means there will be slight delay in receiving your headphones, but I have been assured by our suppliers these will reach everyone by mid December.
[/quote]

Well I certainly hope I receive the Goldring GX200's before mid December!
This is the first subscription I've ever signed up to - I normally browse magazines in a newsagents and only buy if there is anything which is of particular interest to me. The Goldring offer got my attention because I need to get a decent set of earphones before going on holiday on10th Dec - if the earphones do not arrive well before then I'll have to purchase a set which will make this whole subscription lark a waste of time.
The DD for my subscription was taken on 22nd Oct and I received the December issue of the mag a couple of weeks later - can someone let me know if there is any possiblity of me receiving the earphones before I leave on holiday?

A

Anonymous

Can we have an update from the what hifi team? We've been promised that subscribers would get their gx200s by mid-december, and that day is fast approaching. (15th December, today's the 9th) I'm hoping for the earphones to reach me by wednesday (12th) so that I can take them with me on my trip. I have sent countless emails to the subs department, and havent really got a proper reply, seems more like the emails are just based on some template answer. Kinda annoyed here by the lack of communication as well.

Andy Clough

Apr 27, 2004
Visit site
I'm back in the office tomorrow so will chase up the subs dept and find out what's happening. Once again, apologies for the delay, but there has been unprecedented demand for this offer.

A

Anonymous

No problems, glad to see something is happening. Alot of new subscribers have been left in the dark about this. I typically enjoy the What Hifi mag, and will keep my subscription going. Still gotta improve my taste for TVs though, but that'll have to wait till I get outta this condition called a student's budget.

A

Anonymous

Dear All

The Goldring CX200s have been delivered by the supplier today and are being sent out so they should reach everyone by the end of this week

Best Wishes

Mark

A

Anonymous

...and they arrived at my creaky Scottish door this morning, along with the new mag. Excellent stuff, chaps. Thanks a lot

Andy Clough

Apr 27, 2004
Visit site
[quote user="xxD"]

..and they arrived at my creaky Scottish door this morning, along with the new mag. Excellent stuff, chaps. Thanks a lot

[/quote]

We aim to please!

kingnothing83

Nov 16, 2007
Visit site
Mine arrived too, very very impressed with the bass, blows the senn cx300's out of the water, also beats my shure e2c's on comfort by a long long way, not as clear and defined as the shures but i personally find them so uncomfortable that i cant wear them anymore, excellent!

Only one problem, with only 1 pair of comply tips, where can i get replacements?

A

Anonymous

And that you do.

I'll tell you though, it was bloody weird going out with them on for the first time today. Almost scary, in fact, the way that the outside world was almost completely muted, which makes people, cars and buses seem a much more lethal risk. It's made me really appreciate how hard life must be for the deaf.

And that makes me especially thankful for how quiet it allows my MP3 player to be turned now. Before, with my £25 Sony in-ear phones, I had to have the volume up to around 90 to get any sort of enjoyment out of the music. Now, I can hear the previously-lost details with the volume only around the 20% mark. I'd have it quieter still, only at that sort of level, it's possible to hear the sounds my cheap Matsui player makes as its processor struggles with the process of opening each new track. With this sort of quality, I get the idea that I might be able to save my ears yet.

A good day's listneing was capped off by another neat bonus, too - about 40 minutes before the end of my shift this evening, some spacker triggered the security alarms. Unfortunately, to my employers, "High security building" means "Fit the loudest alarms known to man; we'll incapacitate intruders by rupturing their ear-drums
and will identify them by looking for people fleeing the scene with blood trailing down the sides of their heads and necks". This left all the building's employees clutching their ears and screwing up their faces in aural pain. Except me, which it left pointing to my new earphones going, "Man, these new 'phones are really ******* good", and grinning with immense smugness.

I like being smug. Cheers muchly :)

A

Anonymous

I did a quick search on that earlier today, and the only eBay seller in the UK and the US that sells them is DCX Store, whose website is at http://www.dxcstore.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=130 . $20 + shipping for 5 pairs, which isn't bad.

kingnothing83

Nov 16, 2007
Visit site
Cheers, not bad if you consider they were free you're right! The other tips sound fine but dont sit anywhere near as snugly so i think its worth the extra money, that $20 for 5 extras would do me the year easy, cheers

A

Anonymous

I signed up for this offer a while ago now and I haven't received the headphone yet. I am on my second copy of the magazine so far. Should I be worried? What Hifi messed up my subscription at the start and had to restart it after discussion with them on the phone. I hope this hasn't messed up the offer. The chap I spoke to on the phone confirmed that I was down for the offer. HELP!

mjs

Aug 18, 2007
Visit site
I signed up for the chord cable,didn`t get that ,allegedly too late.Promised headphones as sweetener,still no sign of them over two months down the line.Renew subs? You must be joking.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Sincere apologies again for this - if you email us via the Contact Us button, we'll make sure everything gets dealt with by our subscriptions exec, Mark Campbell.

Also to let you know I have had a meeting with our fulfillment department to ensure things improve in 2008 - there's little point sourcing these great offers if people can't get hold of them...

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts